6.1 upgrade

Alpha

Sep 3, 2008
Visit site
i am trying to upgrade my wifes phone every time i get to the second check about usb and active sync it tells me my s/w is wrong and to check my device. dont know what to look for and how to correct please help

vitron

Sep 2, 2008
Visit site
i am trying to upgrade my wifes phone every time i get to the second check about usb and active sync it tells me my s/w is wrong and to check my device. dont know what to look for and how to correct please help

You need to make sure to follow all instructions on the install page. Make sure that you set up all the modem drivers, then take out your sim card and set the connection back to active sync and try again.

fdezarra

Mar 3, 2007
Visit site
Me Too

I too had this problem last night. I followed the instructions word for word and when I got to step 4, it said my s/w version was wrong, check device.

I call;ed Samsung and they told me this was likely because the software update WAS NOT YET RELEASED???????? Huh? I told him it was in fact released and I had downloaded it successfully. He then told me to download it again which I did. Same result. I was then told to call back today 9/3/08 to see if the download was available?????? Once it is available, they will provide support?????

Can anyone chime in on this s/w version problem? And on the knowledgeable tech guys at Sammy?

Thanks.

Alpha

Sep 3, 2008
Visit site
i figured it out. it has nothing to do with some darn s/w. it was the firewalls on my security and cpu. disable all firewalls and it should work like a charm. thanks for the help.

fdezarra

Mar 3, 2007
Visit site
Alphadaddy, I have 2 questions for you.

1) What do firewalls and antivirus software have to do with the device's s/w version.

2) And, were you prompted for the ID/Key prompts when you were having the error message before? Someone in HowardForums I think was having the same error and he was not getting this prompt. Once it worked, he did get the prompt. Just wondering if there is any connection. In step 4, I do not get prompted for the ID/Key codes.

Glad you finally fixed your issue. Any thoughts on the above?

phil2577

Sep 11, 2008
Visit site
windows mobile 6.1 iget same s/w version is wrong check ur device

I too had this problem last night. I followed the instructions word for word and when I got to step 4, it said my s/w version was wrong, check device.

I call;ed Samsung and they told me this was likely because the software update WAS NOT YET RELEASED???????? Huh? I told him it was in fact released and I had downloaded it successfully. He then told me to download it again which I did. Same result. I was then told to call back today 9/3/08 to see if the download was available?????? Once it is available, they will provide support?????

Can anyone chime in on this s/w version problem? And on the knowledgeable tech guys at Sammy?

Thanks.

samsung techs told me my bj2 has the old s/w(=software) version (which varies by manufacture date of ur bj2) and told me 2 disable my firewall and antivirus on my pc and restart download

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon