WMWiFiRouter on the Epix.

phrogpilot73

Oct 28, 2005
Visit site
So, I don't know if anyone has tried WMWiFiRouter on the Epix, but I finally got it to work.

First, you have to have the registry edit to allow Internet Sharing (AT&T blocks it by default).

Second, install WMWiFiRouter and accept all the default options (EXCEPT WEP - you can not enable WEP and have it work). When it tells you that it needs to install new WiFi Drivers - select Cancel. If you install the drivers, your WiFi will totally stop working.

That's it, now it will work. I'm hoping that in a future update of WMWiFiRouter we'll be able to use WEP, but until then - this works.

jwebb56

May 19, 2007
Visit site
Thanks! I have PDANet and have the EPIX's Internet Sharing working though so I'm not sure I'll buy it but I'm going to see how well it works. The ability to connect without wires might just sway me though, IF it is reliable and fast enough.

phrogpilot73

Oct 28, 2005
Visit site
The ability to connect without wires might just sway me though, IF it is reliable and fast enough.
With the built-in Internet Sharing (after doing the registry edit), you can connect wirelessly through bluetooth. The WMWiFiRouter route was nice, because after we turned in our FiOS router and had one or two more days in our house before we moved, I could fire up WMWiFiRouter and both my wife and I could connect.

donralz

Mar 5, 2009
Visit site
is this in order to connect to wireless networks and use the internet through those instead using the phones 3G?... I can't seem to make my phone use wireless networks. Would PDANet or wmwifirouter make this work or am I just doing something wrong?

phrogpilot73

Oct 28, 2005
Visit site
is this in order to connect to wireless networks and use the internet through those instead using the phones 3G?... I can't seem to make my phone use wireless networks. Would PDANet or wmwifirouter make this work or am I just doing something wrong?
This is to turn your phone into a Wifi hotspot. To connect your phone to an existing wireless network, you only have to use the wireless manager in WM.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes