Switching back and forth from iPhone to Focus?

Nic Allen

May 18, 2011
www.facebook.com
I picked up a Samsung Focus after loosing my iPhone at Universal about a week ago.The day after i got my Focus in the mail Universal found my iPhone. Since than I have been switching back and forth to see which one I like more, I am still undecided on that by the way. Does anyone know if AT&T is going to charge me prorated data when I use each phone? I know they did when I was switching back and forth from my blackberry to my iPhone and it ended up costing me.

Adiliyo

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
aren't the plans the same price though?

i'm not sure with att since they have the data caps, but when i would swap phones on verizon, it never really changed my bill...

Ivan006

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Jailbreak the iPhone and use it as an iPod touch device. Use the Focus as your regular phone. That's what I would do. :)

Sent from my LG Quantum using Board Express

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I picked up a Samsung Focus after loosing my iPhone at Universal about a week ago.The day after i got my Focus in the mail Universal found my iPhone. Since than I have been switching back and forth to see which one I like more, I am still undecided on that by the way. Does anyone know if AT&T is going to charge me prorated data when I use each phone? I know they did when I was switching back and forth from my blackberry to my iPhone and it ended up costing me.

I'm not sure it the iPhone data plan is somehow treated differently (which would not surprise me) but I am able to swap sims with my Aria and Focus and it has no effect on my bill.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Same price if you're using 200mb or 2GB plans.

Pro-ration doesn't increase how much you pay -- a common misconception. It just splits it, up so when you add up all the prices, they add up to the same price of $15 or $25. I actually keep my unlimited $30 plan for my iPhone and use both my atrix and focus on it, never changing data plan. When I use the atrix, I get an email and sms saying "to get the best 4G" experience, I need to call to change my plan. yeah.... right!

Nic Allen

May 18, 2011
www.facebook.com
I'm lucky they found it and it wasnt smashed into a million pieces since I lost it on the hulk. Maybe it's just switching between the blackberry and iPhone that messes with my bill, since I actually have to call att and have them switch my plan to get each phone to work. Thanks for all the info everyone, and for not attacking an apple fan boy.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital