Samsung Focus S worth using an upgrade?

staindgrey

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
So I know that the Focus S isn't even out yet, but I'm sure other people are more privy to the changes it will be getting than I am. I'll explain my situation briefly:

I'm due for an upgrade from AT&T on Dec. 13th of this year. However, I hated my Moto. Backflip so much that I finally just bought my Focus on eBay back in July. I absolutely love this phone despite a few "wait, WP7 can't do that?" annoyances, some of which were addressed in Mango. I plan on sticking with WP7 for awhile now. :)

But there's the issue of that upgrade. I COULD use it to upgrade to a phone with newer hardware (and a warranty), or I could save it for when my current phone inevitably breaks, because all technology does.

So, since I love the Focus design, I'm wondering if anyone could explain why (or why not) the Focus S would be worth an upgrade when I have yet to have any issues with my current model. I could make a new phone my Christmas present to me, or I could save that upgrade for a rainy day.

What would other forumgoers recommend?

Rodolfo#WP

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
For me, I got the Focus for $0, and with ManGo, I am going to happily let that discount benefit yield. Just as importantly, I've decided that this Focus is as big a phone as I want to carry and use. My next phone will probably be a WF8 Samsung. ;)

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Save your upgrade. The Focus S will be a great phone but since you have the opportunity then it's best to wait until you see what the other OEMs have to offer.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
What IU like about my situation is that I like the focus size and features I have an ATT unlimited data plan which I lose with a new contract so I am sticking pat unless something blows me out of the water which the focus s or titan might but I am hoping that gen 3 WP will all be using nand memory and 64Gb will be the mid level memory!

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully Nokia will make it easier on Oct 26 to wait for a few months

Sent from my non mindless sheep iphone Samsung Focus using Board Express

joemd60

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
My friend was looking at the Focus, she could not open an excel file. Does the Focus have Office with excel, word, and powerpoint? Or is that an option in the Focus S when it comes out?
I also explained that it is a Windows device and it should have offfice. Thanks

Last edited:

Calnor

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
My friend was looking at the Focus, she could not open an excel file. Does the Focus have Office with excel, word, and powerpoint? Or is that an option in the Focus S when it comes out?
I also explained that it is a Windows device and it should have offfice. Thanks

The focus does have office on it. Personally I can open word and excel files without a problem, I have not tried any powerpoint files. The only trouble I had trying to open an excel file was a particular one that I had forgotten had a password on it. My focus didn't give me the option to enter the password and open it, all other files no problems at all.

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I would agree with everyone else. Since you already have a Focus save that upgrade to see what Nokia comes out with. I used up my upgrade to get a Focus. I was on a BB Curve.

Sirhill

Feb 20, 2010
Visit site
Hello I'm very new to the whole wp (just got my first device) and now I see that the Focus S is coming. My question is should I take back this phone pay the restocking fee and wait for the focus S or keep the focus? Like I said I am new to this, long time BlackBerry user (and I will never stop using one), I just want the best windows phone that I can get.

techjunkieforlife

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Hello I'm very new to the whole wp (just got my first device) and now I see that the Focus S is coming. My question is should I take back this phone pay the restocking fee and wait for the focus S or keep the focus? Like I said I am new to this, long time BlackBerry user (and I will never stop using one), I just want the best windows phone that I can get.

If you are still in your return period you can have the Focus S very shortly in your hands instead. Really your choice would come down to keeping the Focus you got for free (I hope!) or pay the $199 (most likely) to AT&T when it arrives.

You get a better device but you will have to pay for it, for me I would go Focus S but I like the latest and greatest, hence I'm not a regular blackberry user any more

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon