How Is Mango On This?

ajwitzel

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Good to know. I'm a bit nervous about signing a two year contract for this thing, seeing as how it's already a year old, but I think i'll delve in anyway. I'm not really looking for anything too high tech: just talk, text, taking a few pictures, and listening to music.
I've shown my Focus to several friends and they're amazed at how fast it is. They all have Android and are constantly looking for ways to increase their response time without killing their battery life. My wife, when her contact is up in July, is getting a Focus. Most nights I have to rip the phone away from her to charge it, lol. She has a Samsung Captivate and being a techy, I've tried everything I can to make it a better experience. She just hates how slow it is and has to consistently reboot at least once a day or more.

The Focus is a solid choice! Good luck choosing, although it doesn't seem like a hard choice :)

OOS

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
So, after this thread, I thought that i'd wait for Mobile World Congress to see what was announced in terms of WP7 phones, especially seeing how i'd have to get a 2 year contract on this phone that is already a bit out of date. In addition, the Lumia phones have been confirmed as coming to Canada in the next little while, and it seemed like a good idea to hold off and see what kind of plans they'd come with. That being said, the price of the Focus has now been lowered to $0 on a one year contract, and I can get a contract at a fairly cheap price ($35 without data, $42 with, which sounds kind of awful, but trust me it's better than most Canadian options). In addition, there's a sale at an electronics chain that I can get to from which I could get a 16gb SD card (one of the ones that works with this thing according to the people on the xda forum) for $20 (which is about a third of the normal price). That being said, the sale ends just as MWC starts, so give me your opinions: should I go for this thing? I'm thinking it might be a good idea, especially now that Nokia have said to wait for Apollo to be really impressed. If I get this phone now on a one year contract, i'll have a WP7 device with enough storage for my music library, and by the time that my contract expires, the new, high end devices should be just around the corner.

percistratus

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
Phone runs great for me in mango, audio sounds great on focus (better than my surround arguably) and for about week no issues with my 32gb microsd card.

My phone does freeze alot (before the microsd, fyi) but my phone was refurbished with bad motherboard and I think they did a bad job repairing because from day 1 i got it back it was giving me some issues that are def hardware related, but just too lazy to send it back as it resets really quick anyway.

Highly recommend the focus.
which brand of microsd card are you using? i need a tip because i want to get one which is working.

OOS

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
Rogers is getting the 900.

This is whats giving me pause, but at the same time, knowing Rogers, i'd have to sign a 3-year contract to get a decent price on that thing, which would then be outclassed by the Apollo phones. So, i'm thinking of getting this for one year as a stopgap phone.

OOS

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
Nothing was really announced for Canada so far at MWC, so I think I may take the plunge for the Focus. As much as the new Nokia's look fantastic, I just can't justify spending what will most likely be high-end phone price on something that will become relatively obsolete once Apollo comes. So, i'll probably be signing a 1-year on this soon, and once my contract is over, the next wave of devices will hopefully have been announced.

judasmachine

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I just got one myself and it was on 7.0 and I was really surprised at how quick it was. Then tonight I updated it and wow! :D

/Long time Android guy

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes