10-04-2011 06:07 PM
49 12
tools
    Hey guys! I'm a little confused here and I hope you can help.. I bought my Omnia 7 with Czech T-Mobile firmware on it, but I'm currently with Vodafone Netherlands. So will I get my Mango from T-Mobile or Vodafone?
    09-27-2011 12:41 AM

Hi matejwp, I would imagine it would be with T-Mobile if that's the branding on the phone.

But if it's unbranded it could be from whoever is first out with the update.

Interesting question, not really sure myself. I'm sure you'll get it very soon though. (Fingers crossed)
    09-27-2011 01:42 AM
    Yeah, I was kinda hoping I would get the Dutch Vodafone version, but that doesn't matter (Btw thanks for the welcome :D)
    TheWeeBear likes this.
    09-27-2011 08:04 AM
    You're welcome matejwp, always nice to see new WP7 users around. :)
    09-27-2011 08:10 AM
    I didn't think about that. I bought an unlocked Omnia 7, but it does have the T-Mobile branding on the back, so what happens now????
    09-27-2011 11:03 AM
    I am in the same boat. I have an unlocked/unbranded GSM Trophy from Germany. I have no idea when I am going to get the update.
    09-27-2011 11:13 AM
    The odd thing, I really didn't expect it to have the branding of T-Mobile on the back of it and didn't really think about it with updates. Looks like I will be waiting for T-Mobile of UK, Germany, or Netherlands???
    smh
    09-27-2011 11:20 AM
    You have got to be kidding me! Again problems with Omnia 7! It seems my phone isn't getting the update at all!
    09-27-2011 01:36 PM
    You have got to be kidding me! Again problems with Omnia 7! It seems my phone isn't getting the update at all!
    Telefonica (Spain) and T Mobile, the rest is fine I think for Omnia 7's matejwp. :)
    09-27-2011 01:44 PM
    Telefonica (Spain) and T Mobile, the rest is fine I think for Omnia 7's matejwp. :)
    Yeah, but my phone is T-Mobile branded! I've sent MS an email, asking for clarification..
    Edit: Samsung too now. I've read somewhere that T-Mobile 'has no idea why it's late' and that it's only a delay.
    Last edited by matejwp; 09-27-2011 at 02:22 PM.
    09-27-2011 02:11 PM
    Yeah, but my phone is T-Mobile branded! I've sent MS an email, asking for clarification..
    Edit: Samsung too now. I've read somewhere that T-Mobile 'has no idea why it's late' and that it's only a delay.
    Hope you get it resolved soon matejwp. Not sure if it would be advisable to to try the Zune trick until you find out what the hold up is.
    09-27-2011 03:25 PM
    Hope you get it resolved soon matejwp. Not sure if it would be advisable to to try the Zune trick until you find out what the hold up is.
    I hope so too. There is a guy on Neowin saying he's with T-Mobile UK and that he got the update with the Zune trick on his Omnia 7. Not working for me yet, though
    09-27-2011 03:30 PM
    I hope so too. There is a guy on Neowin saying he's with T-Mobile UK and that he got the update with the Zune trick on his Omnia 7. Not working for me yet, though
    I've just done the Zune trick too and the Mango update went perfectly but it did take me 3 or 4 tries to get the timing right.

(Was always too slow and got the phone is up to date message) :)
    09-27-2011 03:49 PM
    Hey WeeBear,

I am trying desperately to enable this quick trick in Zune, and I just cannot get it to work for me. Having an Omnia 7 on T-mobile UK pretty much makes me feel that I am not gonna get the update any time soon. If you take a look here:

Windows Phone International Update Schedule | Mobile Software Updates | Windows Phone 7

you'll see near the footnotes the three asterisk singles out the Omnia 7 Handset as not currently delivering the update for Deutsche Telekom Group in Uk, (aka T-Mobile). Grrr its frustrating! You'd think they learnt from the NoDo update what the issue was with the Omnia 7.
    09-27-2011 04:52 PM
    The Mango Update trick works, downloading now on my Omnia 7!!!!!
    09-27-2011 06:54 PM
    The Mango Update trick works, downloading now on my Omnia 7!!!!!
    Is your phone T-Mobile branded? I need hope :D
    09-28-2011 12:39 AM
    Is your phone T-Mobile branded? I need hope :D
    Yes it is, so keep trying the "force" trick to get Mango
    09-28-2011 01:11 AM
    Yes it is, so keep trying the "force" trick to get Mango
    Yeah, I'm trying but it keeps saying that it's up to date (7392). Let's try again then
    09-28-2011 03:40 AM
    I've probably tried this 100+ times now. Used my desktop pc, laptop, (both windows 7 x64) Tried counting to 1, 2, 3, tried disconnecting the instant I press update. Have tried pulling ethernet cable, disabling network card, toggling wi-fi through hard-switch on laptop.

Its just not working for me! Samsung Omnia 7, on T-mobile UK, locked to just that network. Ive seen posts/comments on neowin and here from people with same handset/network and have done the network disconnect trick.

If I uncheck the "use my mobile data connection to check for updates" option on the handset, and then turn off wi-fi on the phone also, it doesnt matter if I stay connected to the net, Zune will never find an update. Says there is no internet connection.

At the end of my tether.
    09-28-2011 04:30 AM
    I Got exact the same problem !!! :-(
    pajser likes this.
    09-28-2011 06:01 AM
    Just found this on the comments section for the network disconnect trick posting. Credits to phaboman

Here's my alternative solution based on the same principle.

1.) Disconnect your computer from the internet (ethernet cable out/wifi turned off)

2.) Turn OFF the cellular data on your phone. Turn ON wifi, and leave your phone on this screen (wifi is more consistent than cell signal)

3.) Connect your phone to your computer via USB.

4.) Turn on Zune software.

5.) Under Settings and Phone, go to Update. You should get the message "You're up to date."

6.) Select a different menu item below Update

7.) Select Update in the menu again, this time at "four-one-thousand" tap to toggle wifi off on your phone. If you get "You're up to date," then you're hitting it too late. If you get "Can't check for updates right now," then you're hitting it too early. The exact timing may vary across tries. It took me about 5.

8.) At this point, I got option to update my phone to 7403. Reconnect your computer to the internet before proceeding. If you don't get the update, then rinse and repeat steps 6-7.

9.) After the 7403 update is complete, remember to turn your phone wifi back on before checking for the 7720 update. I managed to get the 7720 update without the wifi-toggle trick.
    This method gives me a more consistent outcome, i.e. I know I need to disconnect the wifi on handset at about 3-4 seconds. There are a few occasions where I know I've disconnected at that sweet spot as it hangs on the "checking for updates" message. But then goes to "can't check for updates" error.

If it wasnt for the fact that the Omnia 7 is such a beautifully aesthetic handset, I would have thought twice about going with this phone...
    09-28-2011 07:07 AM
    Just found this on the comments section for the network disconnect trick posting. Credits to phaboman

This method gives me a more consistent outcome, i.e. I know I need to disconnect the wifi on handset at about 3-4 seconds. There are a few occasions where I know I've disconnected at that sweet spot as it hangs on the "checking for updates" message. But then goes to "can't check for updates" error.

If it wasnt for the fact that the Omnia 7 is such a beautifully aesthetic handset, I would have thought twice about going with this phone...
    Same here...
    Got a response from Samsung, didn't really answer anything (Dutch):
    ''De Mango upgrade is sinds 26-09-2011 beschikbaar en kan ook gebruikt worden voor de Samsung Omnia 7.
    Het kan zijn dat u uw toestel momenteel niet kunt upgraden, dat komt dan door de drukte wat nu heerst
    omdat heel veel mensen de update tegelijk op hun toestel proberen te krijgen. Wij vragen u om het
    nogmaals te proberen op een later tijdstip mocht de update niet lukken met uw toestel.''

Translation:
    ''The Mango upgrade is available since 23-09-2011 and can also be installed on the Samsung Omnia 7. If you are not able to upgrade, it could be because it's very busy at the time because so many people want to install it on their phones at the same time. We recommend that you try it later if the update doesn't succeed on your phone.''
    09-28-2011 09:57 AM
    Same here...
    Got a response from Samsung, didn't really answer anything (Dutch):
    ''De Mango upgrade is sinds 26-09-2011 beschikbaar en kan ook gebruikt worden voor de Samsung Omnia 7.
    Het kan zijn dat u uw toestel momenteel niet kunt upgraden, dat komt dan door de drukte wat nu heerst
    omdat heel veel mensen de update tegelijk op hun toestel proberen te krijgen. Wij vragen u om het
    nogmaals te proberen op een later tijdstip mocht de update niet lukken met uw toestel.''

Translation:
    ''The Mango upgrade is available since 23-09-2011 and can also be installed on the Samsung Omnia 7. If you are not able to upgrade, it could be because it's very busy at the time because so many people want to install it on their phones at the same time. We recommend that you try it later if the update doesn't succeed on your phone.''
    Thanks for that information.

Hmm, if thats what Samsung is saying, then whose to blame? I remember reading somewhere that the fault lies with Samsung for the delay in rolling out Mango, but this now gives the indication that T-Mobile is causing the delay? As other omnia 7 users on orange uk are able to update to mango. This is seriously frustrating.
    09-28-2011 10:19 AM
    Am from Australia, using Omnia 7 unlocked, but having a boot up logo of Deutsche telekom. I cant update mine either. tried the force trick countless times. Did not even go for my boxing classes. Now I wanna punch my phone!
    09-28-2011 10:21 AM
    I got my Omnia Mango update just fine. I had to force it using that method, but it didn't take many tries for it to magically say there was an update available :)

Sent from my OMNIA7 using Board Express
    09-28-2011 07:13 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD