Can't use IE11 in Metro mode on this site to post

kuau

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Well I wanted to do a post on my Surface 2 about battery life and saw the answer about turning off the email as it arrives and turned it on to check every 15 minutes.
I hope this helps with battery life.
But what I am really upset about is I cannot do a post on this site using my Surface 2 using the onscreen keyboard while using Metro IE11
What happens when I touch this window, the keyboard pops up for a second than disappears. I am doing this post on my laptop.
I purchased my Surface 2 just for running IE, Mail, FaceBook and You Tube. Hence the reason why I did not purchase a keyboard. I just wanted a tablet with a stable functional browser that also support flash.

Any ideas or is this a bug?

ShaneRay

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Well I wanted to do a post on my Surface 2 about battery life and saw the answer about turning off the email as it arrives and turned it on to check every 15 minutes.
I hope this helps with battery life.
But what I am really upset about is I cannot do a post on this site using my Surface 2 using the onscreen keyboard while using Metro IE11
What happens when I touch this window, the keyboard pops up for a second than disappears. I am doing this post on my laptop.
I purchased my Surface 2 just for running IE, Mail, FaceBook and You Tube. Hence the reason why I did not purchase a keyboard. I just wanted a tablet with a stable functional browser that also support flash.

Any ideas or is this a bug?

I'm not sure if it's a bug with the site or a bug with IE 11, but it is a bug. (I've noticed a few other funky things with this site and IE Metro as well).

Anyway, if you 'reply with quote' or copy and paste some text into the message field, the keyboard will then work properly. You just need to go back and delete the text you don't want...

kuau

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Yeah for sure bug, I just tried IE11 in desktop mode and pulled up the onscreen keyboard. worked fine.
Oh well another MS bug which I assume they will fix at some point.
I am new to the Surface, was a long time iPad uses, actually went out and purchased the new Air, well right now under IOS 7.0.4 Safari crashes a lot. So I returned it and thought I would try a surface 2. I like the surface 2, except.. Form factor, kind of wide, may actually look at the new Nokia 2520.

AndroidRon

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
On my Surface 2 now and the site won't even let me log in properly to start a thread... can reply but when I go back to the main Surface 2 Forum page my log-in credentials blank out and you can't log in from there. Very odd IE11 behavior.

Asrialys

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, this happens on Windows Phone as well. Unfortunately, the BB code trick doesn't work. I end up having to use UC Browser or Tapatalk (if applicable).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes