Please let there be no wpcentral app for android

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Only problem with this app is that's it's a forums app. The AC, iOS, and Crackberry are full apps with a news section, reviews, and what not.

Ok thanks, I didn't know that. I don't use any of those apps because I use Tapatalk.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I see nothing wrong with having multiple devices and using different platforms. I love my WP and am a big Microsoft enthusiast, but my Nexus 7 does come handy mainly because of a couple of apps that still haven't arrived on Windows 8.1.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Jack Janik

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
I see nothing wrong with having multiple devices and using different platforms. I love my WP and am a big Microsoft enthusiast, but my Nexus 7 does come handy mainly because of a couple of apps that still haven't arrived on Windows 8.1.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Yes I agree with this.

I *think* OP is just trying to away he doesn't want fandroids here.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
We consider the existing WPCentral app the official one

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

Yes I realize that. I just find it very ironic! WPCentral apps for iOS and Android are 1st party and free, but the app for WP is 3rd party and paid.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Yes I realize that. I just find it very ironic! WPCentral apps for iOS and Android are 1st party and free, but the app for WP is 3rd party and paid.

WP getting the shaft shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone, its ALWAYS an afterthought and this seems a prime, if ironic, example.

Marcus Adolfsson

CEO, Mobile Nations
Aug 18, 1999
Visit site
WP getting the shaft shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone, its ALWAYS an afterthought and this seems a prime, if ironic, example.

Except in reality WPCentral got the first native app of any of our sites, almost a year before the other sites.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Except in reality WPCentral got the first native app of any of our sites, almost a year before the other sites.

then why is it the last to get other site's apps? I'm fine with other sites getting our app and vice-versa, but the fragmented rollout of the apps and paid/free apps on different platforms is just a mess.

stalemate1

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
I just read on imore.com that there's now an imore app for android. And I know crackberry already has their app on android...please I beg the WPCentral team not to develop a WPC app for android cos the only thing those guys know how to do is to brag on other platform forums...

I ask you to consider taking a look at the posts I've made. (take note of my signature)

To be honest, the extreme android fan boys (im not one of them) go after Apple, not Windows...thats why the posts I make in imore are moderated before they are posted.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using Mobile Nations mobile app

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I think there should be one but not in Android design language. It should be Modern UI app with pivots and panorama like WP app. Show them the beauty they can't have.

stalemate1

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
I think there should be one but not in Android design language. It should be Modern UI app with pivots and panorama like WP app. Show them the beauty they can't have.

Don't rub it in...my contract isn't due yet ;)

Besides, the official outlook app for android is bad enough to bear. No...now I must be reminded even more that I still don't own a WP device...how cruel...

Why only android, do the same to iPhone and black berry.

About that...do all the apps in the WP store have the windows phone 8 UI, theme and operational use ? Or only a small amount ?

stalemate1

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Nooooooooooo! You guys should support me..... I hate the way the android users brag about android. I love my Lumia..

For that reason there are moderators. Besides, I'm sure they use their stock browser to participate in WP central anyway.

Remember...trolls are on all platforms, not just Android.

If it bothers you then be very trigger itchy on the report button.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Don't rub it in...my contract isn't due yet ;)

Besides, the official outlook app for android is bad enough to bear. No...now I must be reminded even more that I still don't own a WP device...how cruel...

Why only android, do the same to iPhone and black berry.

About that...do all the apps in the WP store have the windows phone 8 UI, theme and operational use ? Or only a small amount ?

MOST apps on WP has the awesome beautiful jawdropping UI and smoothness. There are some lazy *** developers who want to just throw the apps out in the store to earn some ad-revenues - those are the ones who own apps with 1 or 2 stars.

Go oggl at - Cocktail Flow, 6snap, 6tag, WPCentral, Metrotube, LinkedIn - just some off top of my head.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Also, Dan Rubino addressed this last night:

From the Editor’s Desk – Why don’t you report on fake news? | Windows Phone Central
Going forward, Mobile Nations apps will be free. They will also have ads. The question of what to do about WPCentral’s app for Windows Phone is being discussed. Fact is, we’re damned if we change and we're damned if we don’t.

• If you just dropped 99 cents on our app and we make it free tomorrow, you and everyone else in the last three years will rightly complain. “But I just paid for it!”.
  • If we make it free, but it has ads with no 99 cent option to remove, people will also complain, because ads suck.
  • If we do nothing and keep the model the same, people will complain.
See our predicament? It’s not that we don’t hear you, we do, we really do. We just need to find an easy way to go forward. Same with our Windows 8 app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonkalas