Tougher to log on to WPCentral.com lately

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Tougher than normal getting logged onto WPCentral lately. Only one of my devices get log on anymore but my office computer, IE and Firefox and my home office computer IE, Firefox and Opera cannot log on. I don't know why this is happening. Anyone else notice this on their computers?

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Probably not much help, but I haven't had any issues lately. I log in with a PC running Windows 8.1 & Chrome browser, and a Nexus 5 via the Tapatalk app. Both have been working flawlessly.

k0de

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Tougher than normal getting logged onto WPCentral lately. Only one of my devices get log on anymore but my office computer, IE and Firefox and my home office computer IE, Firefox and Opera cannot log on. I don't know why this is happening. Anyone else notice this on their computers?

Clear your history on the browser, and check your internet settings. Hope that helps. Everything is working good over here.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Are you having log in issues with Firefox/Opera at home, or just at work? Perhaps your work network is blocking the site. However, I don't think your home network should be a problem. I use Firefox and Opera too. I'm using Firefox now.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Are you having log in issues with Firefox/Opera at home, or just at work? Perhaps your work network is blocking the site. However, I don't think your home network should be a problem. I use Firefox and Opera too. I'm using Firefox now.
I generally use Firefox and IE in that order. My laptop, so far, has no problem logging on. My desktop at home an at work are.

Which is weird since I never install anything on my work computer but the things I could explain in a sit down in HR. At home, is another question. :)
The good news is, after spending time on it, I might be onto what the cause might be.
Its late and I'm headed to bed but I think I'm close.

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
@Jazmac - keep me posted. I don't like the sounds of 'having trouble logging in'. We will do everything we can to figure out what is going on.

Talk soon.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Will do. Seems a really odd issue since I don't install anything on my computers and I don't have issue logging into anything else. What I do know is if I am using Flipboard and find a WPCentral link and want to make comments, typing is almost impossible. That might be a Flipboard fix but it only happens with WPCentral. I hope to know more tonight when I get home.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
@Jazmac - keep me posted. I don't like the sounds of 'having trouble logging in'. We will do everything we can to figure out what is going on.

Talk soon.

Ahh Hahhh! Success. As I suspected the culprit for this turns out to be none other than the latest version of Avast Anti-Virus. I've had it on for months and something must have changed with Passport which triggered it to be blocked making it impossible for my desktop to login. When I got the dang thing uninstalled, which was a feat in itself, it took with it whatever it saw on WPCentral/Passport as an invasion or malware. Not that its gone, I can log in. But it leaves a few questions i may or may not be able to answer but I'll research it.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
(Let me try this again)

Ahh Hahhh! Success. As I suspected the culprit for this turns out to be none other than the latest version of Avast Anti-Virus. I've had it for months and I suspect something must have changed with Passport and Avast blocked it. When I got the dang thing uninstalled, which was a feat in itself I can log in from the desktop again. But it leaves a few questions I may or may not be able to answer but that's what research is for.
(I think the rewrite is better) :)

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
We're always making improvements and enhancements to Passport. Is it possible to whitelist sites within Avast?

White listing a place I spend a considerable amount of my time is like asking my wife to sign a pre-nup. lol. . At some point I'll reinstall it just for the added protection and be sure to whitelist WPCentral.com. Sounds weird to even say. Anyway, I guess its the world we live in.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon