sexist posts

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
not sure if this is the correct forum, but here goes...in an article on wpc on 4/3 about dev preview 8.1 availability there were 2 overtly sexist and insulting comments from a member(WinMetro). it was not the first time I have seen comments like this from this member. if these were racially insensitive comments, they would not be tolerated by the community. I understand that the majority of members on this site are most likely males, but that is no excuse.

BobLobIaw

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
If I remember correctly, WinMetro got chewed out immediately by several male posters. I don't think anyone tolerates that but the only one that can delete posts is the site administrator. No need to blame the community because I'm sure they agree with you that there is no room for sexist comments around here.

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Not blaming the community at all. Thanks for responding. Just felt the need to post my reaction. At the time I saw his posts I was not aware anyone had expressed the distaste I felt.

BobLobIaw

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I don't blame you for being disgusted by his ridiculous comments. Sorry if I misinterpreted your post--I thought you were saying that the community tolerated his sexism. My experience is that, by and large, it's a sophisticated group around here that doesn't put up with discrimination.

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
@All - if you ever find sexist, rude or inappropriate comments in the blogs, please flag them to me directly. My contact details are below. We're currently working on a new commenting system to help stop this from happening, but until then we have to moderate what we can. Thanks! :)

lsmachado

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
There was a totally sexist comment in the WPC article about Dan, Mary Jo and Paul Thurrot the other day. The Poster's comment was removed right away. I thought the Mod(s) did a great job removing it so quickly. As a female myself, I'm glad this behavior is not tolerated.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes