Sister site apps

clvrbas

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Wondering if anyone from the Windows Phone Central team can tell us if the sister sites will have apps on WP, such as Android Central, Crackberry, iMore, Connectedly, etc.

I love being able to keep up to date on all Mobil technology and apps make it easier than using the browser.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I use Tapatalk. I use it on both WP and Android. It puts all forums in one place, as well as other forums. Besides being all in one place, they're formatted the same.

But to directly answer your question, I don't think you'll find apps for AndroidCentral and iMore on WP anytime soon.

clvrbas

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I use Tapatalk. I use it on both WP and Android. It puts all forums in one place, as well as other forums. Besides being all in one place, they're formatted the same.

But to directly answer your question, I don't think you'll find apps for AndroidCentral and iMore on WP anytime soon.
I know the tapatalk option. I like all the Mobil Nations sites, just bummed we are the platform that doesn't have the apps. :/

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I know the tapatalk option. I like all the Mobil Nations sites, just bummed we are the platform that doesn't have the apps. :/

Market share is the problem my friend!

And if it makes you feel any better, I don't use any of the Mobile Nations apps on my Android, even though they are available.

clvrbas

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Market share is the problem my friend!

And if it makes you feel any better, I don't use any of the Mobile Nations apps on my Android, even though they are available.

Oh I know, it stinks being the stepchild of mobile.

When I was using the LG G2 I used WP Central, Android Central and Crackberry ( I may be the anomaly).

I really wanted to gripe about it (in a nice respectful way :) ) because I feel its part of the community, and we are left out. That's all. 😋

Trevor Wolfe

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
What's stupid is since all mobile nations sites are built exactly the same, they could literally replace a few lines of code and the logos and have individual apps for each site.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I've moved this thread to the site discussion forum so that staff will be better able to see it.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 via Tapatalk

clvrbas

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
What's stupid is since all mobile nations sites are built exactly the same, they could literally replace a few lines of code and the logos and have individual apps for each site.

I would think there would be a bit more to it than that, due to the application environments between the operating systems, however I know very little about coding 😋

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site

Sites do not equal apps. Have you used the iMore app on iOS? I used it for about a week recently while I was using a loaner iPhone. It was nothing like the WPCentral app on WP. The WPC app blows it away. This has been covered elsewhere, but the WPC app is custom designed and built by Jay Bennett; it is not a Mobile Nations app.

Trevor Wolfe

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I have used it. The app just pulls data from the web servers. They could use the same wpcentral app shell for other mobile nations apps on windows phone and just switch out the differing code for the different RSS feeds and whatnot.

clvrbas

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Sites do not equal apps. Have you used the iMore app on iOS? I used it for about a week recently while I was using a loaner iPhone. It was nothing like the WPCentral app on WP. The WPC app blows it away. This has been covered elsewhere, but the WPC app is custom designed and built by Jay Bennett; it is not a Mobile Nations app.

I love the WPC App, and I've had no issues with the androidcentral or crackberry app on android. I would love to see them have a copy for WP.

Trevor Wolfe

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
I would think there would be a bit more to it than that, due to the application environments between the operating systems, however I know very little about coding 😋

I'm not saying port the IOS and android apps over. I'm saying use the current shell from our windows phone app and switch out the feeds for the different websites. Since all the mobile nations websites are presumably built the same way it shouldn't be very difficult to do.

clvrbas

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm not saying port the IOS and android apps over. I'm saying use the current shell from our windows phone app and switch out the feeds for the different websites. Since all the mobile nations websites are presumably built the same way it shouldn't be very difficult to do.

Okay I see what you mean. That would look awesome, and would be easy to use 😃

Pete The Penguin

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site

I'd like an official Mobile Nations app that does this plus gives us all the news from the 5 sites.

Of all the apps, WPCentral (on WP) is the worst and the Mobile Nations apps on Android in terms of functionality are the best.

Pete The Penguin

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site

It depends who wrote the app on each OS. For example, CB10 on BlackBerry 10 has a different dev compared to the Android version.

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
It depends who wrote the app on each OS. For example, CB10 on BlackBerry 10 has a different dev compared to the Android version.

I think the idea is that instead of building a new iMore app for WP, you would just take the current WPCENTRAL app and replace the WP content with iOS content. This presumes that it's largely a matter of just redirecting the app to new data sources, and updating the colors and logos, etc.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2