Windows Central's New Format and Text Size Rendering in IE

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm not a huge fan of Windows Central's new format, mostly because, for whatever reason, it has increased the size of the displayed font in IE 11 so that it is obnoxiously large, forcing me to zoom out to 75% to read articles. However, the comments section, as well as other websites on the 'Net, still display text size appropriately, which means I then need to revert the zoom back to 100% just to move on from the article to the comments, or to go to a different website. It's quite annoying.

My question is, why did this happen? Did Windows Central's coders do something to make IE display the font at an abnormally large font (if so, why?), or is this an unintended byproduct of something else? How does the browser know how to display font size?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I've moved the thread to the site discussion forum.

Are you using IE on a PC or on a Windows Phone?
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 via Tapatalk

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried another browser? If so, is it still buggy, or is this only happening with IE11?
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 via Tapatalk

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
@coip - could you post a screenshot? Would be very helpful.

I think the last screenshot posted by RumoredNow demonstrates it well. Look at how much bigger the font is for the Windows Central article compared to the size of the font in the comments section immediately below the article. The latter is the size I want it to be. The former is too large. They should match, like they used to.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss