Could the Windows Central app login get fixed please?

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
It's broken again. Logging in just results in a spinning circle for a while before it gives up. The site is not great to use and the app does cost money, so any chance of a fix please? This has been submitted by someone else via feedback already so I upvoted there too. Just trying to get it on the radar.

So, any chance? Any ETA?

Bla1ze

Community Manager
Staff member
Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
It's broken again. Logging in just results in a spinning circle for a while before it gives up. The site is not great to use and the app does cost money, so any chance of a fix please? This has been submitted by someone else via feedback already so I upvoted there too. Just trying to get it on the radar.

So, any chance? Any ETA?

Hey Andy,

For the sake of escalating the issue, can you tell me which app exactly you're referring to?

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site

Bla1ze

Community Manager
Staff member
Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
I note the app has been updated now, but the login bug still remains. Could you take another look?

I have escalated the issue to the tech team and they'll be taking a look to see if they can get the bug locked down and taken care of. I'll keep you updated on the status when I hear back from them. Thanks for your patience.

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
I have escalated the issue to the tech team and they'll be taking a look to see if they can get the bug locked down and taken care of. I'll keep you updated on the status when I hear back from them. Thanks for your patience.

You're a diamond mate. Knowing your folks are all over this is enough for me. Thanks for your alacritous assistance, it is most appreciated.

G4Grandad

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
This app stopped working for me a month ago. There was no way I could log in, just got a pop up saying something about Tapatalk.
I've checked every day, three times a day and got the same pop up. I nearly dropped the phone in my shock at finding it's working again!

fin11

Aug 13, 2016
Visit site
Login to the windows 10 UWP app on wm10 mobile is still broken just as op describes I get the spinning circle but nothing happens...

Last edited:

TRay D

Jun 6, 2014
Visit site
Has been broken for a while now. I only use the windows central app on windows 10 PC and the experience has been bad for a while. The sign in issue has been broken for a few months now. Looks like I or we need to just go somewhere else for our news. I believe they could care less. For a "windows" "central" site it is really is bad. Maybe in a year or so it'll get the update it should have gotten 3 years ago or just shut down. I have really enjoyed windows central the last few years but enough is enough! Fix it!!

Josiatahina

Jun 19, 2019
Visit site
Hello Windows Central Team and Users!
It's been months now that I can't login into the Windows 10 app (the desktop app version). After filling in username/password, there is nothing.
And on the website, though I can log in, I can't change my avatar.
Please, could you help me? :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon