Skype app on WP8.1 wont allow me to set up

hink3000

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
When I open voice like Cortana says you're ready to get started but the Get Started button won't work. When I click get started again, she just repeats herself. I've uninstalled the app and reinstalled and it doesn't help.

My daughter is leaving for Mexico tomorrow and I would like to Skype her while she's there.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
That is strange because I just activated Skype app on WP8.1 and actually linked it to my old Skype account (merged WP account with Skype account) and everything worked just fine. Also the updated account showed up instantly on my Android tablet as well. What device are you using Skype on?

jacksonking112

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
That is strange because I just activated Skype app on WP8.1 and actually linked it to my old Skype account (merged WP account with Skype account) and everything worked just fine.

iMarkG84

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Skype is utter rubbish on WP. Its so slow, never connects, message notifications are no existent. trying to convince my friends/family to use Skype to call me so they can see my kid etc, but its so poor it annoys us more than its worth!

hink3000

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Figured out how to fix. In WP 8.1, Settings, Ease of access, turn off narrator. Don't know why it was affecting the app like that but......

hink3000

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Skype is utter rubbish on WP. Its so slow, never connects, message notifications are no existent. trying to convince my friends/family to use Skype to call me so they can see my kid etc, but its so poor it annoys us more than its worth!
What's annoying is the app probably works beautifully on iPhone and Android

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon