So, I convinced some of friends to use Skype in place of whatapp.

Protocol Rahul

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Some of my friends have really slow connection I mean 2G speed, so whatsapp used to work fine instant messaging, but now Skype is horribly slow in that department. Even the voice calling is slow. I know the video calling would be obviously slow that I agree, but what makes whatsapp perform well in low speeds, whilst Skype doesn't.
On the feature side, I need to see whether the user is typing or the message is sent/read, features which I got used to in whatsapp.

Athull

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Being a MS product Skype is probably made with the mindset of US Europe customers with high speed data/WiFi and thus may not be optimized for 2g speeds we have in India but WhatsApp takes our market seriously and and is well optimised for our networks.

Protocol Rahul

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Saw the rating in the store, there are good amount of 1s and 2s, considering how Microsoft advertises Skype as a best in class app, it certainly doesn't perform well(excluding the low speed factor), crashes every then and now, several call fails, If someone calls me, i often miss them cause Skype doesn't launch properly, this is sad.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon