anon(5333135)

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
So here's the deal. Completely new to wp7 and would like to customise tile colours and also have the ability to take a screenshot. It seems like U have to unlock the phone to do this. Where do I start? Lol. I have a samsung omnia 7

Sent from my OMNIA7 using Board Express

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
You'll have to unlock your phone [official dev or chevron unlock]. Then you'll have to interop unlock your phone[][XAP] Internet Sharing + Interop Unlock all-in-one for Samsung Phones - xda-developers, then you'll have to place the advanced config xap on your phone. Find the screen capture xap then place it on your phone. Enjoy.

I've had wifi problems after doing that interop unlock, so proceed at your own risk. Other have stated that they haven't seen any issues at all.

anon(5333135)

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Many thanks for a quick response. Could you tell me what are the benefits of unlocking a wp7. What would I be able to do that I wouldn't before? Are there any real killer apps after unlocking?

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Well. You can add custom tike colors, which is the main reason I did it. I've also added internet sharing. I've added several apps that were not available for Samsung phones. Its worth the effort if you like tinkering with your phone.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I can no problem here, same phone. Just hit advanced and it will ask you for the hidden network names. (Up to 3)

Works fine. Don't know why you can't. :(

anon(5333135)

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
lol. that has seriously been bugging me since I had my omnia 7 and I am so relieved!
I now have not one single issue with WP7. None at all. I am a happy chappy

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte