Installing WP on another device

Devilstar

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
I am looking for some information on where to start for my search in how to hack WP onto another device ( namely the HTC evo 4g LTE )

any starting points would be great. thanks.

Devilstar

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Thats what I was thinking as well, atleast with the current versions of WP we have...

I guess I can go back to my arrive... just wanted the bigger screen real estate and since I got the evo for free I figured I'd ask.

mstrblueskys

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
I was thinking about this too. As a former WebOS user and current Android user, I am used to hacking. Why is this not possible with WP8? The 8X and EVO are almost identical in specs... can someone help me understand this? Thanks!

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I was thinking about this too. As a former WebOS user and current Android user, I am used to hacking. Why is this not possible with WP8? The 8X and EVO are almost identical in specs... can someone help me understand this? Thanks!
Well for starters, WP8 isn't even out yet. Maybe once somebody gets their hands on an 8X ROM you'll start to see some progress. XDA is the place to watch for this kinda thing.

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I think "not possible" is not the right answer. A better answer is, if you have to ask in a forum how to do it, then you won't be able to. With every install, I do believe WP authenticates on the device, much like iOS. iOS has been out for years, but has never been installed on an unlicensed device for this reason.

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I think "not possible" is not the right answer. A better answer is, if you have to ask in a forum how to do it, then you won't be able to. With every install, I do believe WP authenticates on the device, much like iOS. iOS has been out for years, but has never been installed on an unlicensed device for this reason.

People have gotten WP7 running on the HTC HD2. So it's possible, but I think the key is to have hardware that is similar to a current WP device.

iPwnza

Banned
Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Unless you somehow got WP as a rom designed for your device and deployed it, it's not possible. As I know of, no roms for wp on non-wp devices exist.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes