Surface Laptop with Windows 10S is the future?

PerfectReign

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
I actually love the idea of devices running W10S in schools. When my mom was a teacher, apple was flooding classrooms with Aplle IIe and later Mac SE devices. While good, they stuck around for like 10 years and I was often being asked by her or her peers to come clean up the junk software installed
My wife has the same issue with the 12-year-old expee computers in her classroom. Every summer I - and now my son - comes in, updates her virus definitions and deletes crap installed.

With Win10S, this cycle wouldn't have to happen.

Sent from mTalk

eastlawyers1

Jan 12, 2017
Visit site
I don't think so. the future belongs to AI. Surface, in a short time, even cannot replace the computer/laptop.for MS, they should pay more attention to creation of product. not "update".

chinkwanhow

May 24, 2017
Visit site
This is not a question.
Because I think Microsoft don't care about the Surface Laptop sales.
They build this Surface Laptop with Windows 10S just to set a role model or example for OEM to follow and to beat Chromebooks.

Surapathi_121-0

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
No one can use Windows 10 S because it lacs the essential apps which are present in the form of Win32 version, hope Microsoft would find a way to convert Win32 apps to XAP format.

k1s23

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
No one can use Windows 10 S because it lacs the essential apps which are present in the form of Win32 version, hope Microsoft would find a way to convert Win32 apps to XAP format.

hey. definitely not "no one". everyone in my whole family except me can be 100% productive using windows 10 s and uwp apps. and project centennial/desktop bridge exists for developers to convert apps. https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/bridges

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon