05-31-2017 09:08 AM
56 123
tools
    they have to release sooner than later because people are already buying for graduation gifts or back-to-school situations. I have two coworkers who are shopping computers for their kids who just graduated and about to go to college. Back to school sales are about to pop up. It all starts with Memorial Day weekend and then rolls into the back to school sales in a month or so. Microsoft missed some prime purchase periods with some of releases.
    05-30-2017 03:31 PM
    If you are talking about the United States, most middle/junior high and high schools have computers given to them from the school. Most schools now have coding classes as an elective class in high school. I am not sure what country you live in but this definitely isn't the case in the United States.
    hey there. thats true, which is the demographic that the OEMs with their cheaper laptops are targeting. OEM laptops can be bought in bulk at a much cheaper rate than the surface laptop. the surface laptop is for the college/university students who want something more "adult" looking with better internals than those cheaper laptops.
    05-30-2017 05:04 PM
    Releasing the same day is ideal since the buyers will be able to compare the SL with SP to decide which device is best for them. If they were released separate times there would be a wait and see, keeping people from buying.
    05-30-2017 06:28 PM
    I think that the Surface Laptop is an afterthought meant to satisfy those that just want the traditional style from MS. IMO, there's not much special about it when you compare it to other 'better' laptops on the market. It's a good device for students, and other than Win 10 S(security), there's no WOW factor.
    The Surface Pro, Surface Book, HoloLens represents an innovative MS who is now pushing forward. I think that the laptop is a bit of stepping backwards. If any device should get pushed back it should be the laptop. Again, there are better laptops out there. There's only one true Surface Pro with all the awesome bleeding edge improvements/innovations. MS should stay true to their real fans and focus on getting those SPs out earlier than expected.
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    05-30-2017 11:22 PM
    Releasing the same day is ideal since the buyers will be able to compare the SL with SP to decide which device is best for them. If they were released separate times there would be a wait and see, keeping people from buying.
    hey noflames2 i agree. the surface pro 4 needed a refresh and the surface laptop is finished with development so why not release them on the same day? there already was a wait and see, since surface sales dropped last quarter due to ageing technology so its better to release them at the same time to increase choices. furthermore, summer is a good time to computer shop for the next school year in the u.s. so the timing couldnt have been better.
    05-31-2017 12:12 AM
    hi. you're right , as we already sad in this thread that decision gives to consumers more choice and this is a great think. My concern was about the future of Windows 10 S that need many people who use it to work better and the surface laptop is the first poster of this OS. Now that some company announced that this OS will be on their cheaper computers this problem is pretty much solved
    05-31-2017 09:08 AM
56 123