AT&T Overage

TheSuperShoe

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I thought I heard rumors of of AT&T rigging data, but I'm not sure. I've been at work all day, on WiFi, and I somehow racked up over 10% data used on my 3GB AT&T plan. It sent me a text this morning saying I'd used 90% and I thought that wasn't unsually because I'd been using it more than usual this month. I ignored it because I'm on WiFi all day, and I'm getting my AIO sim tomorrow, so what ever. I just got a text saying I'm over 100%... I haven't even been doing anything on my phone (I have my surface here, using that too). But in a 30 minute window, I used almost 350MB.... I don't understand.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Since you are switching I wouldn't worry about it.

That said, I haven't heard about that at all. If someone could actually prove it, there would be quite the large law suit.

TheSuperShoe

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Since you are switching I wouldn't worry about it.

That said, I haven't heard about that at all. If someone could actually prove it, there would be quite the large law suit.

The problem is, it charges me $10... It's not that much, but kindof annoying, I can't wait to get unlimited (albeit, throttled) data.

pezman726

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I thought I heard rumors of of AT&T rigging data, but I'm not sure. I've been at work all day, on WiFi, and I somehow racked up over 10% data used on my 3GB AT&T plan. It sent me a text this morning saying I'd used 90% and I thought that wasn't unsually because I'd been using it more than usual this month. I ignored it because I'm on WiFi all day, and I'm getting my AIO sim tomorrow, so what ever. I just got a text saying I'm over 100%... I haven't even been doing anything on my phone (I have my surface here, using that too). But in a 30 minute window, I used almost 350MB.... I don't understand.

Sort of the same thing keeps happening to myself and my wife. our old phones, (palm pixi) wouldn't ever use more than 70-90MB of our 200MB plan. We got L920's and suddenly, our data usage doubled to the point where my wife has gone over 2x and I have shut off my data so i wouldn't go over. I am on wifi at home and work. Only time I am not on wifi is when I am driving...and I'm not using my phone then. So how the heck does that happen? I'm thinking about taking the ETF and switching to T-Mobile.

I can add a 3rd smartphone to my plan and it'll only cost me $82/month for unlt'd talk+txt and 500MB unthrottled LTE data. (on att that'd be 700min + 0.20/txt + 300mb = $126/mo) If I pay the ETF, where my contract would've ended on AT&T, I'd have saved myself over $400 by switching to T-Mo right now.

pavvento

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
This is interesting. I have always had a 3GB plan and recently upgraded to the 5 GB plan for tethering. I don't use it often but sometimes absolutely need it. I never went over 2GB, and ever since upgrading I have received a text each month that I'm close to my 5 GB limit. My behavior hasn't changed, yet I'm using an extra 2.5 GB a month?

Since I don't have data sense, are there any good apps that allow me to track data usage and compare it to my bill?

pezman726

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Nope. No apps. I've called att at least a dozen times complaining about it. The only answer I get is ."if you have an android device, you can get an app to monitor usage, does windows phone offer that.". To which I reply, "yes, but at&t has decided to remove it from the operating system so I am forced to pay more money."

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon