1314 for Roger Lumia 920 available

Rancorbeast

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
frusterated STILL at my battery, i decided to perform a HARD RESET 1 more time (did it twice already before 1314 with no issues)....its stuck on spinning gears! Im so mad at myself, the phone was working perfectly except for the less than average battery performance and now im in a possible bind. I've held volume down + power hoping 2nd attempt fixes it. I know someone earlier mentioned it took them 4 attempts :/

I just hope it boots up properly. never doing a hard reset ever again...even if the battery still sucks.

Update: took 4 soft resets but it eventually booted up. Also to note, access point now works (activated apn).

I feel for you man, I just been through the hard reset from hell myself. I had my phone spinning cogs in my friggin pocket on my way to work feeling so stupid for hoping it was going to come out of it... but it did. Glad to hear you got it working again. I have to say I'm happy so far.

JaimitoFrog

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
so far for me, unlocked rogers on ATT, with subscribed 5gb plan:

original fw: no internet sharing, even with access point installed
1308 update: internet sharing finally works.
1314 update: internet sharing stopped working. access pt not working. did the foreign language kb thing, worked briefly, then stopped working again. i did update the access pt to the latest after 1314, but not sure if it stopped working before the access pt update or after.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
so far for me, unlocked rogers on ATT, with subscribed 5gb plan:

original fw: no internet sharing, even with access point installed
1308 update: internet sharing finally works.
1314 update: internet sharing stopped working. access pt not working. did the foreign language kb thing, worked briefly, then stopped working again. i did update the access pt to the latest after 1314, but not sure if it stopped working before the access pt update or after.
You don't need the access point for mms/data. Just enter the settings manually in cellular settings and everything should work

Rancorbeast

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
You don't need the access point for mms/data. Just enter the settings manually in cellular settings and everything should work

OMG buddy did you read the post before replying? We're talking about internet sharing here sir!. We know you can manually set the data and mms apns, It's a fact, the earth is round too... but for many carriers there is a special internet sharing apns that needs to be set. My provider (Telus) is such a case. Unless you possess some magic trick, there are no way to set the internet sharing/tethering APN other than using the access point app.

Most smartphones including the iPhone are smart enough to pull the information from the sim card and set the apns on their own and if it fails you can set them manually. The decision from Microsoft to not include a simple button to set this tethering APN is beyond understanding, it's epically stupid, heck it deserves a Darwin awards!! But here we are none the less. My personnal experience with access point has been a life saver even though the 1314 update has broken it forcing me through a hard reset. Many others have been saved by the access point app. You seem to have had some problems with the app and that's regrettable but you must not use this forum to discredit an app based only on your personal experience with it.

If you think the access point app is that bad, write to Nokia, let them know about your experience but for most of us unlocked 920 owners, it's the only way to use our phones to the fullest.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
OMG buddy did you read the post before replying? We're talking about internet sharing here sir!. We know you can manually set the data and mms apns, It's a fact, the earth is round too... but for many carriers there is a special internet sharing apns that needs to be set. My provider (Telus) is such a case. Unless you possess some magic trick, there are no way to set the internet sharing/tethering APN other than using the access point app.

Most smartphones including the iPhone are smart enough to pull the information from the sim card and set the apns on their own and if it fails you can set them manually. The decision from Microsoft to not include a simple button to set this tethering APN is beyond understanding, it's epically stupid, heck it deserves a Darwin awards!! But here we are none the less. My personnal experience with access point has been a life saver even though the 1314 update has broken it forcing me through a hard reset. Many others have been saved by the access point app. You seem to have had some problems with the app and that's regrettable but you must not use this forum to discredit an app based only on your personal experience with it.

If you think the access point app is that bad, write to Nokia, let them know about your experience but for most of us unlocked 920 owners, it's the only way to use our phones to the fullest.
dude ...get your facts straight here..access point has broken internet sharing on the rogers lumia 920 for T-Mobile US users. I reply to posts after knowing and verifying the facts. The reason i replied to other guy about getting a working internet connection was unless you have a working data connection your internet sharing wont work (i am not sure if u have magical powers to make it work). T-Mobile US USERS HAVE BROKEN INTERNET SHARING ON THE ROGERS LUMIA 920 AFTER USING THE ACCESS POINT. If you want to still verify it, read other forums here on WPCentral or the MS store review for the Access Point app. And just coz iphone has a tethering apn doesn't mean WP will need a dedicated tethering apn. The same data apn works for T-Mobile users for tethering. The only way it works if you stay away from the access point app

JaimitoFrog

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site

my phone has data and mms working just fine. was solely talking about internet sharing. i dont bother entering any settings manually, it automatically gets it right on ATT, and runs LTE just fine. The latest updates screw up access point, which was working and enabled internet sharing for the first time on ATT when I had1308. that's why I'm disappointed in the 1314 update. I did have some connection drops on 1308, that's why I updated it. One thing fixed, another broke.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
my phone has data and mms working just fine. was solely talking about internet sharing. i dont bother entering any settings manually, it automatically gets it right on ATT, and runs LTE just fine. The latest updates screw up access point, which was working and enabled internet sharing for the first time on ATT when I had1308. that's why I'm disappointed in the 1314 update. I did have some connection drops on 1308, that's why I updated it. One thing fixed, another broke.

Ya actually internet sharing has broken for people using the access point app on 1308+ firmwares. That's the reason i had to reset my phone to remove access point. Since for most of them the access point app provided predefined data and mms settings for operators, i preferred entering the settings manually to get everything working

JaimitoFrog

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Ya actually internet sharing has broken for people using the access point app on 1308+ firmwares. That's the reason i had to reset my phone to remove access point. Since for most of them the access point app provided predefined data and mms settings for operators, i preferred entering the settings manually to get everything working

that wont work for ATT for some reasons. tried the manual way before installing access point, pre 1308FW. tmo is different.

only time it worked was 1308 + access point.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
You can try flashing the Roger's firmware or the European Dev firmware if you want to, both of them have the highest connection speed and apn settings for data and mms unlocked for editing.

marty wix

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Settle down big fella!! I manually entered my APN info on TMO and have Internet Sharing. MMS and Data all working. I must have that "magical" apn...I am not using Access Point

Thanks,
Marty

Last edited:

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Ok so I managed to enable internet sharing with Access Point installed. What I had to do was remove my T-Mobile SIM, restart the phone (this disables the T-Mobile setting in AP). Now insert my T-Mobile SIM and restart the phone again. The T-Mobile settings in the AP are still disabled and I was able to turn on Internet Sharing without issues. One thing that beats me is when I connected a HTC 8X to the Lumia, it reached download speeds upto 12-15 MBPS but when I ran the same test on my Lumia it reached only 7-8 :shocked:

Last edited:

vs6xfx

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
Ok so I managed to enable internet sharing with Access Point installed. What I had to do was remove my T-Mobile SIM, restart the phone (this disables the T-Mobile setting in AP). Now enter my T-Mobile SIM and restart the phone again. The T-Mobile settings in the AP are still disabled and I was able to turn on Internet Sharing without issues. One this that beats me is when I connected a HTC 8X to the Lumia, it reached download speeds upto 12-15 MBPS but when I ran the same test on my Lumia it reached only 7-8 :shocked:

Have you try MMS without enable the AP?

onlineharvest

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
For anyone who needs MMS and Internet Sharing, and used to use Access Point (after which this update broke it), where did you put the custom APN settings, in the Cellular section, or did you create a new access point, and put the settings there?

Anyone else on either Bell, Virgin Canada, or the Telus brands able to get MMS AND internet sharing with those settings?

JaimitoFrog

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Access point has updated to a new version. v.3.6.0.20

After installing, my internet sharing is working again.

Using unlocked rogers L920 on ATT, 5GB plan.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cagkles124