14322 is a nightmare|Worst fast Ring build!

Status
Not open for further replies.

swanlee

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Wow, what is with the last fast ring builds for PC and mobile? Both are the worst most unstable builds since the entire insider program started. Seriously the first Win 10 builds years ago were more stable than this. I have a Lumia 950.

I know it's fast ring and I do expect bugs but this is a bit ridiculous. Bugs I discovered in about 10 mins of use after upgrade. I've already restarted my 950 and pulled the battery out.

1. Store crashes randomly but also nearly every time I launch the store and start looking for apps.
2. Glance screen has two area's to turn off and on now and these area's conflict with each other and one of the area's turns the entire thing off
3. Tweetium crashes after 2 seconds
4. Edge crashes every time if you go to favorites and open a folder in favorites
5. Edge crashes often now just random surfing
6. Windows Hello does not function properly at all. the iris scanner turns on after locking the phone, then when you try and unlock it suing the scanner it either fails to acknowledge you and crashes and makes you do a pin.

This is just initial impressions after a little use, but this build on the mobile and PC is trash, their are even more quirky broken stuff on the latest PC build.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Gabe did imply a while ago that the fast builds would be edgier. While I admit that it would be good if the more common issues were highlighted in the "known issues" clause, I'm not entirely unhappy. I know I can revert to the Slow ring if things are unmanageable.

The only thing I've had to do is disable Windows Hello. The rest of the system works for me.

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
There always seem to be large discrepancies between insiders experiences on new builds. They even vary on the same models. I can understand the variables on differing devices, but on the same, I won't say identical devices, the differences are difficult to nail down. Could it be down to user differences, i.e apps etc. I'm guessing when MS test a fast ring they start with a vanilla, non restored device. I would assume the issues they find are the ones reported in the bug listing.

Does seem odd though that some are getting good performance as some are reporting as unusable.

swanlee

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Following forums and the insider forums and twitter I'm seeing alot more problems being discussed with these last Mobile and PC rings which make sense since they are essentially the same OS.

I have one phone a Lumia 950 and two Windows tablets (a Surface Gen one Pro and an Acer W4) running fast ring and all 3 devices are more unstable then they have ever been. I'm actually quite impressed how how buggy this build is accross multiple devices this late into the Insider program for W10.

My only concern is it takes them several more builds to straighten this out, but since this is probably the first build that contained ALOT of Anniversary update features I'm not very confident that it will launch in a stable manner in just a month or two.

swanlee

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm not totally unhappy or anything cause bottom line I'm on fast ring and I should expect this but for the most part over the last couple of years Fast Ring insider has not been to bad with major bugs. I've been on fast ring on my phones and PC's since the beginning but if this is going to be the new norm I'm probably going to have to back off on my phone and at least one of my tablets and move to the slow ring.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I agree, we've had things pretty good for the past few months. The problem is that people expect builds to come out every couple of weeks, so any perceived delay brings wild accusations of broken promises, no updates, and general feelings of abandonment.

swanlee

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I agree, we've had things pretty good for the past few months. The problem is that people expect builds to come out every couple of weeks, so any perceived delay brings wild accusations of broken promises, no updates, and general feelings of abandonment.

Well I learned my lesson I'd rather a delay on fast ring than releasing anything resembling the last build for PC and Mobile. If my 3 devices were anymore buggy they'd be unusable. As is I'll be patientally waiting the next build to see if it fixes the apps I use most. I hope newer build are not playing wack a mole with issue and are just generally more stable and fix the issue in this build.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
I haven't experienced any major issues and actually think this is probably one of the most stable fast ring builds in recent times.

Eduard Vlad Ilie

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Im running 14322 on my lumia 930 and i am experiencing some tough issues where when i touch the screen it makes a random tap all over it and not where i pressed. I jave to restart to make touch work again. Also shadow battery drainage is back and find my lumia hot and burning with no power at all. A nightmare.

Posted from WC for W10 running on my 930.

swanlee

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
If I change my Insider Status to Slow or Production on my phone will it actually install the latest stable release and get me out of this current bad fast ring build?

swanlee

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Oh well looks like I'm stuck till they fixed it, once they do I'll go back to slow ring. right now slow ring would just make me wait longer for a fix.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Luckily it's your backup phone ;)

I had the same experience with my surface 3.... I ended up doing a total factory restore back to 8.1, then all the updates, then windows 10 production, then back on insider.... it seems ok now after all that.

swanlee

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Luckily it's your backup phone ;)

I had the same experience with my surface 3.... I ended up doing a total factory restore back to 8.1, then all the updates, then windows 10 production, then back on insider.... it seems ok now after all that.

For me I only have one phone but multiple tablets

A Surface 3 - Prod stable release build, tablet I use everyday
Surface Pro Gen one- Fast Ring, My wife uses it and it used to be my test tablet
Acer W4 - Fast Ring - My new Test tablet, used to be my everyday tablet
Lumia 950 - Fast ring but my only phone

The 3 fast ring devices are currently all sorts of fubared/buggy and almost not usable with this latest build, not had that before using insider fast ring. I'd see a bug here and theior and work around it which is why I have so many fast ring devices as it is usually no big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion