14322 is a nightmare|Worst fast Ring build!

Status
Not open for further replies.

swanlee

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm.... I'm just at a freaking loss.

Hard. Reset. Your. Damn. Phones. When. Installing. Insider. Builds.

Read the disclaimer and the "is insider right for you" section. Quit complaining that a BETA is buggy. Many of you do this to yourselves. Quit just updating to the latest. Use WDRT, then install the latest build.

How is doing a hard reset after every build a realistic procedure to test how these builds are? Do normal users do a reset after each update? I've never had to do a hard reset before in a build for it to be somewhat usable why is this build any different? Part of the bug testing would be to see what bugs occur after an in place upgrade anyway which is how 99% of people will treat updates on their phones.

GnarlyBone

Dec 14, 2015
Visit site
How is doing a hard reset after every build a realistic procedure to test how these builds are? Do normal users do a reset after each update? I've never had to do a hard reset before in a build for it to be somewhat usable why is this build any different? Part of the bug testing would be to see what bugs occur after an in place upgrade anyway which is how 99% of people will treat updates on their phones.

I don't see how it's not thinkable when installing a preview build! Sure it's a pain the *** to hard reset the phone get crazy behaviors, faulty things and stuff genuinely gone worse then a previous build. But we install these versions to let microsoft gather information helping creating stable builds not the other way around.
Just saying!

Now!
For me on my lumia 950 xl battery drain has almost become stable after hard reset.
Pending apps still a problem.
Had a continuum wireless problem in previous build its now more stable at connecting.
The new setting menu has only english not my native one anymore.
Netflix in continuum mode won't work.

Other then that pretty happy with this build.

swanlee

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I don't see how it's not thinkable when installing a preview build! Sure it's a pain the *** to hard reset the phone get crazy behaviors, faulty things and stuff genuinely gone worse then a previous build. But we install these versions to let microsoft gather information helping creating stable builds not the other way around.
Just saying!

Now!
For me on my lumia 950 xl battery drain has almost become stable after hard reset.
Pending apps still a problem.
Had a continuum wireless problem in previous build its now more stable at connecting.
The new setting menu has only english not my native one anymore.
Netflix in continuum mode won't work.

Other then that pretty happy with this build.

A hard reset after each build shouldn't be needed, and to this point at least for me HASN'T been needed for a normal fast ring experience and really doing it doesn't really test how a build handles an in place upgrade which is how 99.9% of people deal with upgrades. Some bugs may only occur when doing an in place upgrade and those are just as important to discover and expose.

But it seems a hard reset doesn't help this build much, lots of apps still crashing, iris scanner issues, Onedrive crashing, calendar issues all of which are not on the known bug list for this build.

GnarlyBone

Dec 14, 2015
Visit site
Just have to say! Upgraded one of my laptops to latest build, so cool to run my phone full screen on it just like it was a display port! Continuum is already awesome but could be faster :)

swanlee

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Yea buggyness is to be expected, but this build is on a completely different level of buggyness, this build is on par with some of the first WM10 builds as far as being broken which this late in the game it should not be.

Also why can't we talk about it in a thread? Not directed at you but some have attacked even the concept of the thread, Fast ring has been fairly smooth for awhile and discussions like this may help people decide if they want to stay in fast ring if this is going to be the new norm.

Allen Rhodes

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site

More and more of you prove my point with every uneducated post.... BECAUSE MS TELLS YOU TO HARD RESET!!! Its their program that you are using, thats their suggestion. So stating something isnt working correctly when you arent following the rules.... wow. Read the TaC and the "is the Insider Program right for you" section, please.

Allen Rhodes

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Yea buggyness is to be expected, but this build is on a completely different level of buggyness, this build is on par with some of the first WM10 builds as far as being broken which this late in the game it should not be.

Also why can't we talk about it in a thread? Not directed at you but some have attacked even the concept of the thread, Fast ring has been fairly smooth for awhile and discussions like this may help people decide if they want to stay in fast ring if this is going to be the new norm.

Redstone isnt Threshold, thus the extra buggy-ness. Redstone is building off of Threshold and adding new features. By doing so some of the more stable aspects have broken. This is to be expected with a beta. "If it aint broke, dont fix it" doesnt apply with software, guys. In order to add or change something, it gets "broke" along the way.

swanlee

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
More and more of you prove my point with every uneducated post.... BECAUSE MS TELLS YOU TO HARD RESET!!! Its their program that you are using, thats their suggestion. So stating something isnt working correctly when you arent following the rules.... wow. Read the TaC and the "is the Insider Program right for you" section, please.

Might be valid complaint if almost all these bugs still didn't also happen after a hard reset. This is a very buggy build on mobile and PC and hard resets on either aren't fixing the problems, this thread has discussed several problems that are not even listed in the known bugs list and also potential work arounds so honestly WTF is your problem?

I CAN SHOUT TO, WHY DON'T YOU IGNORE THE THREAD IF YOU DON'T THINK IT'S VALID!!!!!!

Last edited:

Eduard Vlad Ilie

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
1) I have some rather interesting bugg here with my 930. Im on latest build 14322 and when i'm using the phone with a slow charger the touch imput its all over the place. Can anyone confirm that?
2) Also whatsapp sometimes takes forever to load or even never.
3) Battery life sucks a lot, 2-3 % drop in battery percentage whatever I do every 5 minutes. Can' leave home without the charger.
4) when in battery saver mode it improves the battery life on the levels of the production build but limits its functionality, so no fun.
5) camera doesn't have that annoying loading text while taking several fast shots. Now instead it wont let you take any until you wait a little.
6) hey cortana doesn't work
7) lock screen not showing pin numbers ( just lock and unlock the device again.
8) long shutdown of the device. It takes ages.

But in the end it seems that the build has stabilized a bit and feels more solid.

Posted from WC for W10 running on my 930.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster