14367: Full glance support on Lumia 650?

Rasetech

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I installed the latest Insider Build on my Lumia 650 and recognized right now that it seems that a more advanced glance screen came to the device. Before it only showed the time and date and the icons. But now it also displays the calendar entries as it did on my 1020.

Is this a known behavior?

Last edited:

Rasetech

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
Well I think its not possible to make a screenshot of the glance screen. But if its from interest I can post a picture taken with another camera tonight.

romant56

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Wow! I had the newest build on my 650 and I definitely didn't have that. I had a lot of trouble with the store updating apps, though, which is why I went back to the release build. Maybe they've fixed the app update problem and improved Glance?

Rasetech

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
I didn't had any problems updating any app. The update to the insider build went really smoothly, also my phone works very well right now.

Rasetech

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I know that glance itself is a hardware feature. But I cant believe that theres any difference between displaying only time and date or a few more lines. My question is if the extended display will also come to the Lumia 640 for example which does support the simple date and time glance but does not display calendar infos like the 650 does with the current release build.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I know that glance itself is a hardware feature. But I cant believe that theres any difference between displaying only time and date or a few more lines. My question is if the extended display will also come to the Lumia 640 for example which does support the simple date and time glance but does not display calendar infos like the 650 does with the current release build.

AAAhhh, it's a Redstone Glance feature, so when it will be official released in Anniversary update, it will be for everyone
If you are already in RS, check store updates, maybe your Glance core apps is still pending, every RS phone shows like pic

milkyway

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site

It's both actually. Not every phone has the same amount of display memory (or what you would call it). So some phones can display more information than others

Rasetech

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
Yeah well they also said that the Lumia 650 has limited glance and as we see now it miraculously can perform a more advanced glance mode.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb