1520 poor build quality

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
With a phone this big it will twist/flex on its own in your pocket. A phone that is made by a manufacturer thats name is synonymous with reliability and durability that can't take a few (god forbid)-drops in a case and the phone literally is falling apart from the inside. There are several post in this forum regarding speaker issues, phone call issues, not being able to talk on the phone without putting the call on speaker because the mic is going in and out... But yeah I'm apparently a neglectful person that accidentally dropped his phone because no one does that to an expensive piece of technology ....yada yada...

It is unfortunate, but when you drop a phone, damage can occur. I'm not saying that it is neglectful, you have to understand that there is a lot going on inside of a smartphone. A drop, or more specifically, the sudden stop at the bottom, can cause damage. People think if the screen didn't crack you dodged a bullet. Years ago, I dropped my Lumia 920 and the antenna connection disconnected, resulting in me having no cellular connectivity until I tore the phone apart and reconnected it ( http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-920/241361-my-broken-fixed-920-a.html ).

It is a luck of a draw thing. You could drop your phone a hundred times and it could be fine, or one drop should shatter it. You could have this problem from any phone, be it Nokia, Apple, Samsung or whoever. A phone as large as a 1520 is probably a little more vulnerable.

MK Shatnawi

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
With a phone this big it will twist/flex on its own in your pocket. A phone that is made by a manufacturer thats name is synonymous with reliability and durability that can't take a few (god forbid)-drops in a case and the phone literally is falling apart from the inside. There are several post in this forum regarding speaker issues, phone call issues, not being able to talk on the phone without putting the call on speaker because the mic is going in and out... But yeah I'm apparently a neglectful person that accidentally dropped his phone because no one does that to an expensive piece of technology ....yada yada...

Yeah.. Now the question is when you first having issues why didn't you take it to a Nokia shop to have it serviced, but instead you tried twisting and flexing the phone which will only damage it even more..

No smartphone is built to endure drops, except a few specialized ones that can take damage. Other than those any fall will most likely result in damaging the phone .

Paul Foulkes

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
Had mine since launch. Got a standard cover for it. I have dropped it a couple, maybe even more times. No problems with it. Works like adream. no busted screens, no scratches.
Tip, don't keep it in a pocket where it will get bent! Look after your hardware

ScrubbyXD

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
So yesterday my boss dropped his iPhone 6 18 inches to the tile floor and his screen broke. The first thing that came to mind was the "poor build quality" thing. So I had to share this thread with him to explain the mad manic laughter.

JPDVM2014

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
My 1520 has never had a case or screen protector on it since I bought it in Dec 2014. I have dropped it on numerous occasions, a few times I definitely expected it to have a shattered screen or some other problem. It has one big scratch across the screen. That's it. Everything else works just as good as the day I bought it. The only thing I have done to it is replace the battery which died on me.

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
My 1520 has never had a case or screen protector on it since I bought it in Dec 2014. I have dropped it on numerous occasions, a few times I definitely expected it to have a shattered screen or some other problem. It has one big scratch across the screen. That's it. Everything else works just as good as the day I bought it. The only thing I have done to it is replace the battery which died on me.
How did you know the battery is what died on you? And that it was the battery that needed to be replaced

InspectHerGadget

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
I love my 1520 but February this year it developed a major fault and wouldn't work. I sent it back to Microsoft and they fixed it in a bit over a week. I also returned and got a refund on a brand new Surface 3. I sent back a SP3 with the yellow stripe issue on the screen and got it fixed/replaced.

Yup devices sometimes don't work even from new so lucky everything I had issues with was under warranty and the 1520 has a two year warranty here in Australia.

JPDVM2014

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
How did you know the battery is what died on you? And that it was the battery that needed to be replaced

I took a guess and hoped it was the battery. I would take my phone off the charger at 100%. Within 10-15 minutes it would just say "Goodbye" and turn off. The battery as the easiest place to start troubleshooting. It just so happened to be the problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)