3rd Party Apps Don't Open

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Care to offer anymore information such as specific apps? Have your tried restarting, or a soft reset? And also, just to make this clear, this is still technically beta software, so bugs are to be expected. You're using it at your own risk.

If the problems persist, you may want to consider erasing your data and trying to start anew, but save that until you've exhausted all other options.

Madpig

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Any app that did not come pre-installed on the phone will not open. Mail apps, music, OneNote, Office & Xbox hubs, etc. all open fine. Any app I've installed from the store will not open, such as WP Central, Weave, Bing apps, Nokia map apps, etc.

Restart and soft reset did not help so I'll have to try a hard reset, which I won't be able to do for a few days.

Paul May

Lumia 950 & Surface Pro Champion
Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I had an issue with didlr shutting down whilst attempting to start but one I rebooted it was fine. Sorry your having such issues.

Madpig

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
The only 3rd party app I can open is Nokia City Lens. Netflix, Hulu, Flixster, bank apps, Redbox, Audible, Adobe PDF, flashlight apps, etc, nothing opens - except Nokia City Lens. Also, Halo and Angry Birds open but other games won't. Very strange.

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Sorry to hear you're experiencing problems, but I guess now you'll get to try out using WiFi before you start restoring data? :shrug:

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same issue, but if I uninstall an app and then reinstall it, it works. Pain in the ****.

What phone and carrier are you using? Perhaps the problem is related to that. Keep in mind, different phone colors are actually classed as different models, so that'd also be helpful.

Madpig

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
iradeut - I noticed the same thing. I uninstalled and reinstalled Bing Sports and now it works fine.

SwimSwim - That's what I was thinking too, but my luck the restore over WiFi probably won't work.

Sicarius123

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Myself and five other friends did this update no problems, however last night I updated my fianc?e's white Lumia 920 and we're having the exact same issues as above. Third party apps wont open unless they're deleted from the phone and re-installed, and car mode / screen rotate wont open at all.

Given we technically had to developer unlock the phones to do the GDR3 update would there be any way to sideload a swapchat XAP? It's her most used app on the phone, and if I can't get it back on there, I'll have to buy her a bloody iPhone for snapchat :(

Sicarius123

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Turns out this was pretty easy, download the SDK, google the latest .xap, register the phone as a developers device using the same account we used to get GDR3, then sideload the .xap. Swapchat working perfectly.

amitnahar

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Try to install another keyboard then after downloading, the phone will ask you for an update. Just install this update and you will be fine. Hope it helps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yenofenny