41 Megapixel Lumia with Snapdragon coming in early 2015

ShinraCorp

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
That's the problem with reviews with a score at the end. The score doesn't really reflex the experience what the reviewer had. It's best just to read or watch the review without giving a score that way you'll have a understanding, so you can judge properly.

Say a reviewer gave it 9/10 that's a MUST BUY product and yet the negatives can out-weight the positives for some people. Rendering the score absolutely useless.

trainplane

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
While you don't need the 805 to support the 41MP of the 1020, wouldn't it make it easier and cheaper if the 805 already has hardware for it? One less chip on the phone.

And anyway, the star of the 1020 is really the sensor size, which I think was the biggest of any smartphone when it was released and might still be the biggest. Many people don't understand this. Photography folks say there is no getting around physics. At some point the small sensors reach a limit for how much it can make pictures look better, especially in low light.

Put a large sensor, make it speedy, add SD card support, make it have flagship specs, and you will have a phone that could be revolutionary, something approaching 4/3rds quality--in a phone. Something that truly differentiates WP from everything else. The 10X0 line isn't just about sales, but also about reputation. If they can claim the best phone camera hands down (picture quality, OIS, focus speed, shot speed), it will get people talking, including the reluctant press.

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
With the Note 4 around the corner Nokia needs to release a 1530. If anyone has seen the specs of the Note 4 they are pretty cutting edge. Snapdragon 805, 16MP camera (not as cutting edge but can record in 4K), 2K screen, 3220mAh battery.

Ideally having it out for the holiday season is ideal but doesn't seem likely. When the 1520 launched it had a hardware edge over the Note 3.. So being that Samsung stepped it up a few notches Nokia?MS needs to do the same. But if the Snapdragon 805 support isn't here until end of the year then I guess chances of a real flagship won't be until Q1 2015 earliest. Very disappointing that MS will have gone over a full year without a new flagship refresh. Something like this is unheard of from others like HTC, Samsung, Apple etc.. This will also be the longest I've had a phone for before upgrading lol.

Beijendorf

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
The DXO tests are riddled with inconsistencies. Just go through the comment sections under the DPReview articles linking to those tests and there are plenty of issues raised by readers. The most obvious issue is that their numeric scores are inconsistent with their own accompanying written narrative. You could have one camera with better narrative (e.g. more pros and less cons) and yet scoring lower. There are also ridiculous results like devices with OIS getting significantly lower score on stabilization than devices without OIS, and xenon flash scoring lower than LED flash.

I'm well aware of the issues discussed by people about the DxOMark scoring, and I wish their reviews were more exhausting in terms of transparency for why they rate as they do. While I prefer DPReview, the fact is that DxOMark is one of the the few large unaffiliated sites that do professional reviews of mobile cameras.

Luke Frisbee

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
thanks to all that offered their insight..it was so sane to read about performance instead of the crap about the camera unit being "So big and bulky". the reviews I read are so often skewed by the reviewer having so little knowledge of the product, so they talk about a mm of thickness as if it mattered...My point is a ramble, at best a loose association, But please...I do not care about a mm or even a cm, put the most tech possible into the camera in my Personal Device. the thing I am interested in most is taking pics with it. looking at pics on it, and sharing pics with it. And I see it all the time..People enjoy the camera aspect of their Personal device over any other aspect....let there be light..and more light.

anon(8911628)

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
I am thinking about new phone. Actually I have got Lumia 920 with broken screen. It would be great to have something like Lumia 1030, because I have no idea which phone I could buy. The 1020 has old hardware and is very similar to my L920. Lumia 930 has no glancescreen and microSD slot. The L1520 is very great device but... 6 inches screen is huuuuge! Probably I have to wait :(

DHHSMichael

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
In that same boat, waiting on a 920 upgrade. I'd rather not throw down $239 for the same specs on the 1020, other than the camera of course. And the 1520 is very niche, I personally do not prefer a screen that large.

Tero Tikkanen

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
yes snapdragon 805 support 55 mp but 50 mp camera is fine. I hope that Lumia 1030/1130 is 4GB ram/64GB internal memory + microsd, 64 bit snapdragon 808 /615 wp 8.1 update 3 january maybe.

Geethadevi soman

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Note: Anyone took photos of Aurora with their phone; One thing most of the phones cant do which a lumia 1020 can do; between I didn't use a Tripod I was holding my phone and it was cold, so the picture is bit shaky. (holding the phone steady for more than 4s below -10 its hard), but all the iDiots (aka iPhone users ) amazed seeing these pics. Probably the iphone 20 will do this.
One thing I would definitely want is the a trigger thru the headphone jack to that take the picture.

Attachments

• WP_20140919_00_00_38_Pro.jpg
    WP_20140919_00_00_38_Pro.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 7
  • WP_20140919_00_03_45_Pro.jpg
    WP_20140919_00_03_45_Pro.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 7
  • WP_20140918_23_46_25_Pro.jpg
    WP_20140918_23_46_25_Pro.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 7

Mtb GT

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
Lumia 1020 perfectly handle 41 megapixels camera... because i got htis phone more like a one year and i have already made more like a 1000 of photos more Im a personal photographer from a couple of the years
. Snapdragon 805 maybe will be support ultra HD or 4K whats not any rush with this now. Quantity isnt a quality.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cagkles124