Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Get 520,625.
Or 630.
530 if you didn't have much money
930 if you got loat of money
929 if you live in US
1520 if you got money and didn't mind oversized phone
Correction: Icon/929 if you are in the US and are on Verizon. If AT&T -> 830 or 1020. If T-Mobile -> HTC One M8 for Windows. If Sprint -> Samsung ATIV S Neo.

dicks-webos

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
I had a LOT of troubles with the new 535 in our household. Did the update but the screen was still really poor - unusable actually. Pulled out the battery a few times for a few minutes, did a complete wipe and then finally the device was usable. Now it works pretty well and personally I think the specs are very very good for a €104 phone (with rebate on Amazon). Really can not complain at all, very fluid and fast. Nice screen (which has auto-brightness) and so for a "normal" phone user a very good choice.

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
I had a LOT of troubles with the new 535 in our household. Did the update but the screen was still really poor - unusable actually. Pulled out the battery a few times for a few minutes, did a complete wipe and then finally the device was usable. Now it works pretty well and personally I think the specs are very very good for a €104 phone (with rebate on Amazon). Really can not complain at all, very fluid and fast. Nice screen (which has auto-brightness) and so for a "normal" phone user a very good choice.

So, did the hard reset fix the touch screen issues after you updated it aswell?
A friend is looking into getting a Windows Phone, the 535 specs seem too good for its price tag, don't want him to get frustated on his first WP tryout.

luisfarelo

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I need a phone that I can type a message with. With the 535, it's just a nightmare. Touches don't register nicely ALL the time, even after the update. I repeat. ALL THE TIME. That means you will find difficulty typing in your unlock PIN, user names, passwords, emails addresses, messages, everything every single time. Heck, even the double tap wouldn't work because touches don't register correctly. Imagine having to fight the phone every single time you want to use it.

I owned cheap Android before and at least the touch works.

Did you disable the screen magnifier option in ease of access settings? And did you hard reset after applying the update?

pengfoong

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Did you disable the screen magnifier option in ease of access settings? And did you hard reset after applying the update?

Yes to both question. I tried the following combinations
  • Updating without hard reset (with magnifier off)
  • hard reset (with magnifier off)
  • DP (with magnifier off)
  • Hard reset without restoring backup

None of it worked. The update did help but the bottom part of the screen is just behaving erratically. For multi point touches it never works. It's all over the place.

Timbre70

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Not sure if it's the uneven smudges on the screen that is causing phantom touches. 535 is the only device I didn't have a SP installed due to non availability in my area.

I just observed that it is now giving the phantom touches again. After wiping the screen leaving an even hazy buff surface, it seems to be OK again. The strange thing, it is not possible to make the screen all clear (of smudges) even with wet tissue. There will always be a hazy buff.

Timbre70

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Mine is especially bad at the bottom of the screen. How about yours?

You mean the swipe action to invoke the three soft buttons? I hardly had that. You need to swipe from around mid section up. Mine is swipe action taken as tap action, unable to select predictive wordings from a list. Yesterday, the screen froze, battery drained and heated up in my pocket. Had to remove battery to reset. Worse Lumia phone I have todate!😐

Ebu Suhejla

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site
I had Galaxy S4 and it served me well, I was very happy with my sammy, I needed a phone with dual sim so I could use 2 sim cards at the same time. I also wanted to try Windows. Jumped vagon from android and bought garbage lumia 535 dual. Man i regret that I gave my S4 as a gift. Its a pain when I work to just answer a call let alone doing something else. I hate you Microsoft for doing this to me. Must probably sell it if soon I don't get a fix. Better with a chinese android phone over this 535. Writing a message and using viber or whatsapp is like a brain education for patience cause u have to type and erase type and erase many times till you finish your sentecne. Shame on you... Boooo

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site
I had Galaxy S4 and it served me well, I was very happy with my sammy, I needed a phone with dual sim so I could use 2 sim cards at the same time. I also wanted to try Windows. Jumped vagon from android and bought garbage lumia 535 dual. Man i regret that I gave my S4 as a gift. Its a pain when I work to just answer a call let alone doing something else. I hate you Microsoft for doing this to me. Must probably sell it if soon I don't get a fix. Better with a chinese android phone over this 535. Writing a message and using viber or whatsapp is like a brain education for patience cause u have to type and erase type and erase many times till you finish your sentecne. Shame on you... Boooo

You comparing budgets one with flagship.

Next time remember me to use galaxy young to compared against Lumia 930

pengfoong

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
You mean the swipe action to invoke the three soft buttons? I hardly had that. You need to swipe from around mid section up. Mine is swipe action taken as tap action, unable to select predictive wordings from a list. Yesterday, the screen froze, battery drained and heated up in my pocket. Had to remove battery to reset. Worse Lumia phone I have todate!��

When I want to swipe/type anything from the lower corner, it always registers as multi taps.
It's very annoying when you need to type something because you need to keep making corrections.

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Hello there.

Friend of mine using Lumia 535 with new update.

I just try it for a few minute and it's way better.

the thing is he applied some anti glare screen protector to her phone. then it's way better than before.
still anti glare screen protector isn't really comfortable as scratch only resistant screen protector.
no mention the screen protection itself can have some scratch but it's on the protector. when you replace it it's gone.

you guys may want to try this trick. just don't forget tell your experience here.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria