640 - I can't wait

Aziz Abdurachman

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
May I ask something?
Does it have equalizer & surround emulator (dolby or MS)?
And how is speed of launching camera? In standby from start screen and in lock screen (with action center shortcut)? In Lumia camera 4 it takes about 2 to 6 seconds to launch just to compare.

sdc1

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
May I ask something?
Does it have equalizer & surround emulator (dolby or MS)?
And how is speed of launching camera? In standby from start screen and in lock screen (with action center shortcut)? In Lumia camera 4 it takes about 2 to 6 seconds to launch just to compare.

The camera launches quickly using the action centre shortcut. From the lock screen it's literally 1 second until you're ready to shoot. From the start screen there is no delay, it opens immediately.

In settings > extra > audio there is an equaliser with 18 presets including custom. You can set it exactly how you want it. Swipe right to enhancements and there is a virtual surround (ms) option for headphones. This works really well.

There is also a flip to silence option.

Any other questions just ask.

Aziz Abdurachman

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
The camera launches quickly using the action centre shortcut. From the lock screen it's literally 1 second until you're ready to shoot. From the start screen there is no delay, it opens immediately.

In settings > extra > audio there is an equaliser with 18 presets including custom. You can set it exactly how you want it. Swipe right to enhancements and there is a virtual surround (ms) option for headphones. This works really well.

There is also a flip to silence option.

Any other questions just ask.

Woah, thanks :)
Seems it's a good phone for me. I was worried about equalizer.
Now all I can do is just waiting for it available in here.

workshy

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
Check your local carphonewarehouse.. they have been selling the 640 for the past couple of days.. my partner had a look at one this morning even though she is waiting for the XL.

Their website has no sim free price but in store they quoted ?139.99

Price for sim free has now dropped to ?119.99 :)

workshy

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
So I see. The price of getting in early. :)

Carphone are always changing their prices.. up n down daily.

The pay as u go was ?119+?10 top up this morning.. now it shows ?99.99 + ?15 top up. The good thing about them tho is that their phones are unlocked so the pay as u go option is the one to go for as would work out at ?114.99

fcasoli

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
After two days, I do not enjoy using this phone, too simple, minimal, cheap materials? fortunately the price is aligned.

Galaxy Note 4 + Gear 2

lexus232

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Re: [Lumia 640] Chime in if you plan to buy one!

Sold my 925 today, mainly due to phones' poor battery life and heating issues.

I honestly don't know what am I going to buy next, but 640 is among the top choices for me. I really would like a HTC M9 (pretty much the only android phone I like) or iPhone 6, but those are obviously in a completely another price range, which is out of reach for me. :(

What should I do guys? Do you think 640 will be a good choice?

sdc1

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
After two days, I do not enjoy using this phone, too simple, minimal, cheap materials? fortunately the price is aligned.

Galaxy Note 4 + Gear 2

Sounds to me like your expectations were too high for a phone that costs only ?119. This isn't a Note 4. The phone certainly doesn't feel cheap, pick up a ?119 android phone and compare it to that, the Windows experience will be much better.

When you say simple and minimal are you referring to the os? It is what it is but the 640 for the price is excellent.

workshy

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
If you qualify for an upgrade on O2/vodafone/virgin PAYG you can now get this for ?79.99 at CPW.. even more of a bargain phone.

fcasoli

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Sounds to me like your expectations were too high for a phone that costs only ?119. This isn't a Note 4. The phone certainly doesn't feel cheap, pick up a ?119 android phone and compare it to that, the Windows experience will be much better.

When you say simple and minimal are you referring to the os? It is what it is but the 640 for the price is excellent.
Hi, surely my expectaions are too big, but I remember when Windows Mobile was over the Top, I'm talking about TC Tytn, Tytn II, Pro2, Qtek 9000...very strctured OS and a small PC in hand, I love Windows XP, my PC, but Windows Phone it is not that, at the moment.
Surely prices are the best and this is the reason in Italy the share is interesting.

agaskew

May 9, 2014
Visit site
Re: [Lumia 640] Chime in if you plan to buy one!

Sold my 925 today, mainly due to phones' poor battery life and heating issues.

I honestly don't know what am I going to buy next, but 640 is among the top choices for me. I really would like a HTC M9 (pretty much the only android phone I like) or iPhone 6, but those are obviously in a completely another price range, which is out of reach for me. :(

What should I do guys? Do you think 640 will be a good choice?

Have just changed from 925 to 640. The 640 is a little bigger, has rounded corners, feels carbon/plasticy/light compared to the metal 925, but still OK. Its faster in use. The display is brighter than the 925 but you might be able to detect the slightly lower pixel density. The battery life seems a lot better, plus the battery is user replaceable and the phone takes a microSD card. Overall I'm happy with the 640, especially the low price.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes