640 xl damaging Sd chips

Peter Steri

Jun 17, 2017
Visit site
Hi

I've just got this new 640 xl, didn't expect it to be as complicated but getting into it now.

I've inserted a 16 gm sd chip, allowed it to format itself, I can copy music files from my PC to the chip, play OK, when I use blue tooth copying from my Samsung it see confirms, accepts file ect, I cannot find where it saves the file on the 640, then is corrupts my sd chip, it sees the chip but try opening it just blank, I put the sd chip in reader connect t PC when I try formatting it it say it cannot read the it cannot format it. this is the second sd chip I've had and done the same with both.

The guy where I bought it say I need a file manager, its got its own, i downloaded another still cant read the files.

Put the sd chip in the Samsung asks to format, click yes, come up cant read the Sd chip.

Help needed Please.

Thanks

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi

I've just got this new 640 xl, didn't expect it to be as complicated but getting into it now.

I've inserted a 16 gm sd chip, allowed it to format itself, I can copy music files from my PC to the chip, play OK, when I use blue tooth copying from my Samsung it see confirms, accepts file ect, I cannot find where it saves the file on the 640, then is corrupts my sd chip, it sees the chip but try opening it just blank, I put the sd chip in reader connect t PC when I try formatting it it say it cannot read the it cannot format it. this is the second sd chip I've had and done the same with both.

The guy where I bought it say I need a file manager, its got its own, i downloaded another still cant read the files.

Put the sd chip in the Samsung asks to format, click yes, come up cant read the Sd chip.

Help needed Please.

Thanks

It sounds like you have a faulty msd card, try the following file managers.

The only way to know for sure is to use the msd card in a different phone entirely.

microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/pocket-explorer/9wzdncrdkn0w

microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/folders-free-advanced-file-manager/9wzdncrdj8dp

Or alternatively put the msd card in your computer and ran scan disk to check for errors.

kashgohel

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site
Hi @TechFreak1, I have a similar issue with my Lumia 640 LTE (not XL) but my phone refuses to boot up if the memory card is in the slot. I don't know why, and I have tried other memory cards too. Any suggestions on how to resolve this problem?

I went to Nokia care a while back and they said the motherboard is corrupted, but I am hoping its something that can be solved still. It's a good working phone still.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi @TechFreak1, I have a similar issue with my Lumia 640 LTE (not XL) but my phone refuses to boot up if the memory card is in the slot. I don't know why, and I have tried other memory cards too. Any suggestions on how to resolve this problem?

I went to Nokia care a while back and they said the motherboard is corrupted, but I am hoping its something that can be solved still. It's a good working phone still.

Interesting, when you say you've tried other cards are these new cards from a reputable place like amazon.com (not market place sellers) and which cards have you tried?

It does sound like something either went awry during an update or it may indeed be motherboard issue, did you purchase the phone recently or this occured after an update?

kashgohel

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site
Interesting, when you say you've tried other cards are these new cards from a reputable place like amazon.com (not market place sellers) and which cards have you tried?

It does sound like something either went awry during an update or it may indeed be motherboard issue, did you purchase the phone recently or this occured after an update?

Hi again,

I have used an old memory card that came with my Lumia 520, a new sandisk 32gb microsd I bought from USA and a new transcend I bought in Kenya. All when loaded in the phone would just turn the phone on but I would see just a grey screen.

And I bought this phone around 2years ago and the error didn't happen anytime around an update. Lumia Denim update came out a long time before the microsd error started.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi again,

I have used an old memory card that came with my Lumia 520, a new sandisk 32gb microsd I bought from USA and a new transcend I bought in Kenya. All when loaded in the phone would just turn the phone on but I would see just a grey screen.

And I bought this phone around 2years ago and the error didn't happen anytime around an update. Lumia Denim update came out a long time before the microsd error started.

It's sounding more and more like a motherboard failure I'm afraid, did you by chance try to force load Wm10 onto the 520?

kashgohel

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site
It's sounding more and more like a motherboard failure I'm afraid, did you by chance try to force load Wm10 onto the 520?

Hey there, sorry for the late reply. Been having internet issues and exams this time.

I have a Lumia 640, not a 520 (sorry for the confusion). And its still on windows 8.1 (lumia denim). So I guess its a motherboard error.

I'll just keep backing up my data incase the phone dies in the future. :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss