720 Random Shut-offs?

iSummerSmiles

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
My sister's phone suddenly shut-off randomly at work. This is the first time it has happened after having the phone repaired through Nokia Care (there were manufcturing defects). Will the GDR 2 update fix this?

muhdalam

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
L720's known to have problems like random blackouts and crashes so it's not just your phone that's faulty. No idea whether this'll get fixed by the update but this seems to be more of a handset specific issue while gdr2 is more or less the same for all models so my hopes aren't too high. Still, I have my fingers crossed. Other than these minor setbacks the 720 is indeed a really great phone. :D

Welson Sun

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Mine had this problem for the first week, then I did a hard reset and reinstalled all apps. It has been stable for more than two weeks now.

iSummerSmiles

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Mine had this problem for the first week, then I did a hard reset and reinstalled all apps. It has been stable for more than two weeks now.

I would do a hard reset for it, but god, my sister just gets mad at me when these things happening. I recommended the phone for her, so I guess she thinks I'm liable. LOL.

iSummerSmiles

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
L720's known to have problems like random blackouts and crashes so it's not just your phone that's faulty. No idea whether this'll get fixed by the update but this seems to be more of a handset specific issue while gdr2 is more or less the same for all models so my hopes aren't too high. Still, I have my fingers crossed. Other than these minor setbacks the 720 is indeed a really great phone. :D

will wait for the GDR 2, and see about this. The phone is still under warranty, fortunately.

euichii

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I previously suffered from this problem too. I brought it to nokia care center for checks and had to wait a week to have it back. They said some parts had to be replaced but thankfully it works smooth again. (good thing it's still covered by warranty)..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soste