755p to Mogul?

frocco

Aug 20, 2007
Visit site
Hello,

New user to this forum.

I am thinking of returning my 755p for the Mogul.

Several questions on Mogul.

1. Can I do streaming music on the Mogul?
2. SprintTv?
3. GPS

Has anyone else changed to Mogul from 755p?

Thanks

Frank

HobbesIsReal#WP

May 2, 2004
www.wmexperts.com
First of all....Welcome to the Forum!!!!

Here you go:

1) Yes. There are loads of sources from Orb.com, Sirius Sat Radio, etc... that allow you to stream video, music, etc...

2) No. But you can get third party apps that gives you a lot of TV stations via streaming. Many of these you buy the program once for around $20 and that's it.

3) Yes...with a BT GPS unit and GPS software.

I did not convert from the Treo 755p to the PPC-6800.....but I did convert from the Treo 600 to the PPC-6600. If you have never used a WM device there is a learning curve, just like there would be if a WM user just bought their first Palm OS device. To help you out with this, I did post a Windows Mobile FAQ that might give you some help.

Dieter Bohn

Ex Editor in Chief
Feb 1, 2001
smartphoneexperts.com
Hi Frank!

I'll also add re: streaming that pretty much any .mp3 or .wmv audio streaming link should open up the media player just fine - it's how I get my fix from my old favorite music station in Minnesota (mpr.org - the current) even though I'm down here in Florida.

HobbesIsReal#WP

May 2, 2004
www.wmexperts.com
That is a totally a personal question. There are some that totally loyal to Palm OS or to WM OS and they would answer accordingly. Sometimes you need one OS or another for a very specific reason....i.e. connecting to corp email servers, a specific softward app you love to or need to use that is only offered for one OS or another, etc....

Beyond that it comes down to personal preferences. Once I progressed through the learning curve anyone would have to do when switching OS, I have loved WM. I personally love being able to truly multi-task. The software selection is very good.

What you need to do is look at several of the reviews of the 6800 and look for the pros and cons shared. If the pros meet what your needs and wants and the cons can either be worked around or lived with, then it is a good choice. If there are cons, that no matter how good the pros are, you will not be happy with, then no it will not.

here are some of my pros and cons:

PROS:
  • Nice size screen
  • Nice size phone
  • Nice keyboard layout
  • Lots of hardware buttons
  • Lots of ROM with 256 mb
  • Built in WiFi

CONS:
  • Only 64 mb of RAM giving around 20-24 mb usable
  • Bad BT stack with initial ROM making BT headsets hard to use --this can be fixed with a ROM update.
  • No built in GPS -- but BT GPS works great.

Bottom line, if you are looking to go with a WM device it is the best choice with Sprint that is available right now.

bclinger

Sep 14, 2003
Visit site
An interesting post. I have been giving thought about changing to the WM6 platform and have gone from really interested to not to really. I guess a trip down to Sprint is needed.

frocco

Aug 20, 2007
Visit site
Hi bclinger,

Let me know what you think after you see the Mogul.
The nearest Sprint store for me is around 55 miles away.
I too am having second thoughts, I am starting to like the 755p.

I was wondering if the Mogul can do eBooks like Palm and if the software reader is as good.

Regards,
Frank

An interesting post. I have been giving thought about changing to the WM6 platform and have gone from really interested to not to really. I guess a trip down to Sprint is needed.

bclinger

Sep 14, 2003
Visit site
The end of the day is when I do the ebook thing and last time I looked, I have about 66mb of them on my 700p. I mainly read the classic and older books. One plus is that HanDBase does run on the WM platform, so that leaves a mailer with the capabilities of ChatterEmail as an important factor - of course one handed operation or something like that is important.

Wednesday should be a day with a bit of time for a look-see.

Ben

HobbesIsReal#WP

May 2, 2004
www.wmexperts.com
We have talked with......oh what's his name again, the author of ChatterMail....and he stated at the end of last year that he really does not have any plans for porting it over to WM.

But I have to say that even the default email client is not half back that comes stock with WM6. There are also several other 3rd party email clients like FlexMail and Agendus.

I do a A LOT of emails and with utilities like PocketBreeze make viewing very easy and quick.

bclinger: Is your avatar a picture of your backyard??? :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
melvas66