920 not seeing my Jawbone Icon?

grndZr0

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I have a Jawbone Icon. I worked/works great with my Focus, but the 920 is not seeing it. I have rebooted both devices, not sure what is going on.

I have paired the 920 to my Sena Blutooth for my motorcycle helmet, and that was typical.

the Icon is "waiting for phone to connect"

But the it will not show up in the list on the 920...

If I fire up the focus, it pairs right up.

Ideas???

Ryan

janely_wpcentral

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi Ryan,

In order for your phone to see the Jawbone Icon such that it will be listed in the Bluetooth control panel, the Icon must be in pairing mode. According to the Icon manual, you are in discoverable mode if the LED ring is flashing red and white. To get into the pairing mode, press and hold the talk button on the Icon, slide the power switch on and wait for the LED ring to flash red and white. Then release the talk button. You will hear the following audio prompt: ?Jawbone is in pairing mode, waiting for device to connect?.

A few questions that will help me diagnose the problem:

1. Could you confirm that the Icon is in pairing mode? Once the Icon is in pairing mode, on the 920, turn the Bluetooth radio on in the Bluetooth control panel. Please wait up to 60 seconds. Are you able to see the Icon with a ?tap to pair? state? It will show up in the list as Headset first and then the name will resolve to Jawbone Icon.

2. If #1 fails, could you confirm that your Focus can see the Icon but not the 920? Delete the Icon pairing on the Focus and then the Bluetooth radio off and back on. Now put the Icon in pairing mode. Are you seeing the Icon in the Focus? Bluetooth control panel with a ?tap to pair? state but not the 920?

3. If #1 fails, could you confirm that the 920 is currently able to see other Bluetooth devices? Delete the Sena pairing on the 920 and turn the Bluetooth radio off and back on. Put the Sena in pairing mode. Are you seeing the Sena listed in the 920?s Bluetooth control panel with a ?tap to pair? state?

Thanks,
Jane

Ali Babba

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I was able to pair my 920 successfully with mine. I did have a problem with the 920 locking up though once when I was using it.. there seems to be issues with BT on the 920 right now based on another thread.

grndZr0

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I got mine working, and I'm not having any locking up issues.

It hard reset with the buttons, by pushing the phone button like 6times and then doing something else.

I then reset it to defaults with the mytalk website, then it worked.

I also have it working with voice commands with the HEy DJ app.

Prettys swet

tgcash

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Thanks! This helped me. didnt think of holding the talk button while turning on the ear piece. Owners manual long lost. Quick fix. Great advice. Thanks again.

Daniel Lee Womack

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
I have the Nokia Lumia 920 too and know why the 'Jawbone Link' does not appear in WP8 phones, but fine in Android, BlackBerry and maybe some earlier versions of Windows Phones. The answer is bad Research and Development and the 920's and/or WP8's total lack of compatibility issues with functional Apps, such as the Jawbone Link, a perfect example. Heck, I can't even get a working USAA bank app for the 920. The Youtube app is just an internet shortcut to their mobile site. I'm going to have to refund my Jawbone ERA Midnight simply because it wont run to the fullest of the manufacture's specifications and COP OUT with a Luna headset. At least a Luna headset was Nokia's intended/token Bluetooth headset because it comes with the spectacular N F C (Near Field Communication and/or Charging. Whatever) and charges just like my motorized toothbrush in the bathroom. Waow. C'mon MICROSOFT! Get WP8 FIXED and SOLVE THESE COMPATIBILITY ISSUES THAT STICK OUT LIKE THE SORE THUMB OF YOUR DWINDLING COMPANY! Go Nokia :kiss:

*edit: Yah, it pairs FINE like ANY BLUETOOTH DEVICE WILL but the onscreen battery meter, the 'Jawbone Link' does not do dittely. As in squat. As in wont. And, it's not just that it wont, it can't.

Last edited:

Daniel Lee Womack

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
The Issue isn't PAIRING.

Hi Ryan,

In order for your phone to see the Jawbone Icon such that it will be listed in the Bluetooth control panel, the Icon must be in pairing mode. According to the Icon manual, you are in discoverable mode if the LED ring is flashing red and white. To get into the pairing mode, press and hold the talk button on the Icon, slide the power switch on and wait for the LED ring to flash red and white. Then release the talk button. You will hear the following audio prompt: “Jawbone is in pairing mode, waiting for device to connect”.

A few questions that will help me diagnose the problem:

1. Could you confirm that the Icon is in pairing mode? Once the Icon is in pairing mode, on the 920, turn the Bluetooth radio on in the Bluetooth control panel. Please wait up to 60 seconds. Are you able to see the Icon with a “tap to pair” state? It will show up in the list as Headset first and then the name will resolve to Jawbone Icon.

2. If #1 fails, could you confirm that your Focus can see the Icon but not the 920? Delete the Icon pairing on the Focus and then the Bluetooth radio off and back on. Now put the Icon in pairing mode. Are you seeing the Icon in the Focus’ Bluetooth control panel with a “tap to pair” state but not the 920?

3. If #1 fails, could you confirm that the 920 is currently able to see other Bluetooth devices? Delete the Sena pairing on the 920 and turn the Bluetooth radio off and back on. Put the Sena in pairing mode. Are you seeing the Sena listed in the 920’s Bluetooth control panel with a “tap to pair” state?

Thanks,
Jane

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte