920 v 925? Which one to upgrade to..?

marlasota

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
I've just upgraded from 920 to 925 and I absolutely love it. I gave 920 to my son (to replace 800). My wife has L820 we're all a happy WP family.

greycounciller

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I have an L920. I'd take a 925 over it for weight and Amoled screen and extra camera lenses. Wireless charging is a novelty I can live without, but the carrier dependant storage option kills it for now.

Chris Sandiford

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for all your opinions guys - I think I'll plump for the 925.
That said, I haven't actually HELD one yet, so I'll take a trip into town and get hands on with it.

Cheers.

pmich

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I know that you only specified these two devices, but honestly at this point i wouldn't choose either. I'd pick a new device (that maybe hasn't even been announced yet) that has better specs such as a full HD screen or bigger size. If you're content with a 4.5 Inch display i'd still wait for a phone that has quad core and better camera (even if the 920/925 already have great cameras) I'd future proof myself rather than get a device already a year old.

Chris Sandiford

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Why not upgrade to the 1020 then? Might aswell get the best you can if you will be sitting on a 24month contract.
AMOLED screen like the 925
Standard 32GB of internal storage (64GB if you stick with o2)
Double the RAM 2GB
Oh and the camera...the super awesome camera.
Wireless charging if you get the acessories.
Additional 50% Battery life if you pick up the camera grip with the built in battery.

Because it's only "the best" because of the camera. Really. That's all anyone ever mentions in any review or advert or thread. It's a 925 in a yellow suit with a bigger camera. I've already stated on another thread how that doesn't really interest me either way. If you're into photography then yeah, 41MP and Pro Cam is great. If not, I can't see the appeal. And that lump would drive me mad trying to type while it's on a flat surface.
The 1020 is a niche photogr-one.
IMO of course :wink:

Edit: I've just found this from Dan Rubino's review which sums up my thinking.

Daniel Rubino said:
The Lumia 925 is still out favorite “everyday device” and our recommended Windows Phone for people who aren’t photography buffs but still want a solid camera.

http://blog.clove.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Nokia_Lumia_925_V_1020.jpg

The only difference of interest to me is the camera speccing. In fact the 925 has a dual speaker and is lighter..

Last edited:

Chris Sandiford

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
I know that you only specified these two devices, but honestly at this point i wouldn't choose either. I'd pick a new device (that maybe hasn't even been announced yet) that has better specs such as a full HD screen or bigger size. If you're content with a 4.5 Inch display i'd still wait for a phone that has quad core and better camera (even if the 920/925 already have great cameras) I'd future proof myself rather than get a device already a year old.

True - I did state at the outset in my OP that I might hang on for whatever 1520-esque device is around. I'm a few months off anything yet so things might change yet again. As of now that is my choice :grin:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cagkles124