928 unresponsive touched and slow scrolling in comparison to other wp8 devices

Paulo1300

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone noticed this? I walked into the Microsoft store and every 928 I played with was unresponsive and slow. I scrolled the screen side by side with my 822 and it scrolls wayyyy slower. When I click on tiles, sometimes I had to click multiple times before anything registered. My 822 does not have this issue whatsoever. Does everyone have this problem with the 928?

I ask because I recommended one for a friend, so I was just hoping that the display units were just laggy from being on all the time, but the phone has the same issue. I then signed the phone up for the developer preview and the issue remains. It really makes the phone feel like crap in comparison to my 822.

Charlie Poels

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Can't say I have this problem. I upgraded from a 822 even. Touch responsiveness was pretty awkward/jerky before I updated to gdr3 and the last two updates that followed really made it a whole lot better

ajansari

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
You may be on to something. I tried out a Nokia Lumia 928 at the Microsoft store and noticed the same with regard to slow scrolling. I didn't notice much of a difference with app opening, but the scroll speed was very noticeable. I even went to settings to see if increasing sensitivity would help but it didn't. It's surprising because the Lumia 925 and 928 are supposed to have the same specs (except for storage and camera flash) and the 925's scroll speed is zippy.

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed this on my friend's 928. I had a 920 and now 1020, and both are considerably more zippy with regards to scrolling speed. Not saying the 928 is glitchy, It's still smooth, but it doesn't follow your finger as closely. I wonder if this is something that will be addressed in a firmware update.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I've always noticed the slow scroll speed with the 928. I asked about it in the past and others acknowledged it too. I'm not really sure what the deal is with it. On any other wp7/8 device I can flick through a similarly sized start screen with one flick. Not on the 928, though.

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Guess I'm lucky, my 928 is the smoothest scrolling phone that I have ever used. No issues at all, very responsive to touch. I don't even use the super sensitive touch setting because it just isn't necessary.

jgraves1107

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
My question is. Can you read that fast? I can't. It seems to be a normal speed. Smooth, but not too fast as to pass everything up that you might like to see.

jgraves1107

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Well I see a bug in the system for sure! My screen just went untouchable! Had to reset and noticed after it booted my ESPN tile was no longer pinned.

xrs22

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I noticed if the touch setting is set to high and you don't have gloves, its pretty laggy. I did it multiple times and I switched it to normal and no problems. It felt different with my 920 before I switched.

AdamHunterATC

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm glad I'm not the only one that noticed this. I originally had an 822, but I found a 928 on Craigslist for $150, so I got it. Of course, I ended up dropping it and cracking the screen. When I went back to the 822, I immediately noticed that it is noticeably more responsive than the 928.

Between this and all the issues people report having with this phone (the lock-screen freeze issue being the biggest one that I also dealt with), it's obvious that Nokia didn't really use much quality control for it. It's a shame that my mid-range 822 runs noticeably better than the high-end 928.

Here's to hoping that the 929 is a much higher-quality device.

jgraves1107

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Mine has froze up twice today and not while using IE. Both mine and my wife's did it after we hung up with each other on a call. This is not hardware. This is the same crap the HTC 8x did when it first came out. Do they have an app for windows development and gdr3 to see what's going on?

jgraves1107

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Ok this has got to be software. I pulled my jack out of the phone after having it hooked up to the car stereo. I didn't hit pause. The screen touch didn't work til reboot.

jlzimmerman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
It's one of the first things I noticed when I went from the 8X to the 928. The 928 is butter smooth, but it's slow. I wish we had options to change the speeds.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss