950XL Accessories - What do you want?

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
So I'm personally quite excited to hear the news that we're getting 'official' accessories like cases. The cases I've seen so far are really looking great.

So what accessories or cases are you planning on getting for your XL?

Personally I'm looking for case similar to this:

2pVCs2w.jpg

If I could get a metal edge with a wooden back I'd be in heaven!

ksj1

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Rose Gold back for 950 Xl so my GF goes crazy when I get my 950 XL (just pre-ordered) before she gets her 6s+ in 6-8 weeks. At least I'm hoping I get mine before she gets hers. Don't really want Rose Gold, but for the fact it will drive her bat****... :winktongue:

StevoPhilo

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Definitely a leather back if I decide to get a 950XL.

As far as accessories they should make?
I would like to see another camera grip for the new phones that would have a dial for like Aperture/Shutter priority. That would probably require a system update, but that'd be a great accessory I'd immediately buy as a photographer.

o4komodo

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Definitely a leather back if I decide to get a 950XL.

As far as accessories they should make?
I would like to see another camera grip for the new phones that would have a dial for like Aperture/Shutter priority. That would probably require a system update, but that'd be a great accessory I'd immediately buy as a photographer.
The closest thing I can think of them doing is similar to the Symbian days (like on the 808 and N8).
We were given camera-profiles and you could essentially have presets for what you'd like.

Have Windows Camera 5 (or whatever it's called) adapt this feature and then have a bluetooth clicker built in to the camera grip that switches camera presets for you.

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
apart from the metal+black leather body? maybe another one, metal+dark purple glass if the stars align, I already have qi chargers everywhere and bt headsets and whatnot, if I ever use continuum I would rather do it completely wireless, not with the hub

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
So I'm personally quite excited to hear the news that we're getting 'official' accessories like cases. The cases I've seen so far are really looking great.

So what accessories or cases are you planning on getting for your XL?

Personally I'm looking for case similar to this:

View attachment 113969

If I could get a metal edge with a wooden back I'd be in heaven!
That looks lovely.

JDHamilton6

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
Any word on an Otterbox case?

I'd also like to see an extended battery. There was a battery available for my old Droid Bionic that had somewhere around 40% larger capacity than the original and came with an expanded back cover to accommodate physically larger battery. I'd use the original through the week and put the extended in for the weekend.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Somebody release a nice wooden back cover and I'm on that like white on rice!
The back pretty much has to be polycarb but yeah, no reason someone can't glue a wood veneer to it like Mozo glues leather. Best to glue it to an inset area so there are no wood edges exposed. I really like the leather I have ordered but those will all look pretty much the same since they are dyed and the texture is stamped in. Real wood would be awesome since every back would be unique. And B&M stores wouldn't have to compete so much with on-line since people like me would pay more to pick and choose which item from stock we like best.

John M Beauchemin

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
I really like those Mozo leather flip cases... but I think they're wallets? I don't like the idea of having all of my money and cards exposed every time I want to browse imgur on the toilet. Feels like a recipe for disaster.

As for accessories I'm definitely going to get, I'll be getting a wireless charging pad or two right away. Very stoked about not plugging my phone in ever again. Also, a phone mount for my trucks dash so I can finally throw out my aging Garmin GPS unit.

Accessories I'm curious about... bigger battery cases. Don't know if I'd get one or not, and I'd have to use the 950 for awhile to see if the battery lasts long enough for me... but it definitely sounds intriguing. I use a 5500mAh juice bar for my iPhone because I have to charge it every couple of hours.

HotFix

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Any word on an Otterbox case?

Yes - I contacted Otterbox about this a week or so ago and they said that they had no plans to release a case for either the 950 or 950XL as they had discontinued all of their Lumia cases.

I asked the person to pass along a request to create one for the new flagship phones fully knowing it was pointless to do so, and the support person said they would. I'm not holding my breath. ;-)

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
what accessory do i want for the 950xl? well, thanks to continuum, I'd like a 7" car stereo that supports continuum! it can act as a normal car stereo, plug in your 950xl, and use an up to date GPS, with real time traffic, music streaming, universal apps, etc.

It would be GLORIOUS!

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
what accessory do i want for the 950xl? well, thanks to continuum, I'd like a 7" car stereo that supports continuum! it can act as a normal car stereo, plug in your 950xl, and use an up to date GPS, with real time traffic, music streaming, universal apps, etc.

It would be GLORIOUS!

not this is out of the box thinking... like it.

jxmiller

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
I'd like the following for any phone but...

Certain 3rd party phone case makers have started making cases that have battery and SD card slots. I just want that except with a removable battery (on the 3rd party case). This would allow for not only a larger battery life, but hot-swappable batteries. It (mildly) negates the push for non removable batteries and makes it a non issue for phones like the G6. That being said, I would still prefer a phone that yet still has a removable battery, because it makes the device slightly less of a throw away device. My reasoning for this is because for a removable battery phone having a protective case means its a pain to first remove the case, then swap the battery, rebooting, etc. With a case that has a removable battery itself... the game changes because now there are 2 batteries instead of 1, you get protection, convenience, and do not have to reboot the phone to swap the battery.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte