A few questions (new to windows phone)

Qaddafi

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
I have both a blackberry and a recently bought Nokia Lumia 925 for T-Mobile. I'm not sure if I'm in the right section of the forums, so forgive me if I am. I have a few questions:

1. How do I disable the hover tap? Sometimes while using the keyboard, I accidentally click on the wrong key because of it.

2. Is there a way to pin WiFi on and off setting to the start screen. Not settings, but just WiFi?

3. When typing a password I have the hardest time getting out of the keyboard. I type the username for example and now I want to move to the password, but in order to get to it I have to lower the keyboard. It becomes difficult at times.

4. Is there a way to keep the keyboard popping noise, but lower the volume without lowering the overall phone volume?

5. I did a factory reset . So what is the latest software update I need to be. After the reset, my phone hasn't updated . I even kept on double checking, but It says no software update. So did the update I had done before the factory reset stay?

6. How do I check for app updates on windows store?

7. I synced my media files on my windows 8 PC using the desktop app. It worked for my photos, but for my music it didn't give me the option for a specific folder. So I did it on the windows phone metro app and it worked. It allowed me to choose what folders I wanted. But the reviews were hating on the metro app. So what advantage does the desktop app have over metro, if any?

Boris Lozac

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
1. you can't
2. connectivity tiles
3. press back once if you don't see the password field.
4. no
5. factory reset does not touch the updates, you have the one you had before reset.
6. go in the store app and see, or pin the store to the start screen and you'l see little numbers of how many updates are waiting
7. have no idea

SSgt Bruskowiz

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
For the sensitivity of your screen you can go to setting/touch
You find there a option of normal and high, it don't disable the hover but it chanches the sensitivity.

For the factoryreset, wel there are some issues.
That's not always goes so well, even wen it says it does...........
Install Lumia System Updater from the store and use the app to check again.
It helped me with some "lost" updates.

Updates from the store should announces them selves,
but that option is not always trustworthy.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I have both a blackberry and a recently bought Nokia Lumia 925 for T-Mobile. I'm not sure if I'm in the right section of the forums, so forgive me if I am. I have a few questions:

1. How do I disable the hover tap? Sometimes while using the keyboard, I accidentally click on the wrong key because of it.
That is likely due to the super-sensitive touch feature (allows use with gloves) and you can turn it off under "touch" in Settings.

2. Is there a way to pin WiFi on and off setting to the start screen. Not settings, but just WiFi?
No way to toggle it directly, but there are apps on the store that give direct shortcuts to the settings panel (e.g. Connectivity shourtcuts)

3. When typing a password I have the hardest time getting out of the keyboard. I type the username for example and now I want to move to the password, but in order to get to it I have to lower the keyboard. It becomes difficult at times.

4. Is there a way to keep the keyboard popping noise, but lower the volume without lowering the overall phone volume?
It's all connected so probably not.

5. I did a factory reset . So what is the latest software update I need to be. After the reset, my phone hasn't updated . I even kept on double checking, but It says no software update. So did the update I had done before the factory reset stay?
T-Mobile has not pushed the latest Update 3 / Lumia Black update package.
The latest as of now is GDR2 / Lumia Amber

6. How do I check for app updates on windows store?
The Store checks once daily at a certain time, and alerts you from the live tile.
You can do it manually (if you can't wait) by going to the app in the Store and tapping Update.

7. I synced my media files on my windows 8 PC using the desktop app. It worked for my photos, but for my music it didn't give me the option for a specific folder. So I did it on the windows phone metro app and it worked. It allowed me to choose what folders I wanted. But the reviews were hating on the metro app. So what advantage does the desktop app have over metro, if any?
Not sure to be honest, as I just copy my music over directly.

my comments in bold above as usual

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kasha963