A Good QR Barcode Reader?

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Has anybody found a QR code reader that actually works? I tried quite a few from the store and they were all basically garbage.

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
If you have WP8 (Not sure about WP7) you can use Bing vision. It is built in as one of the lenses. So no need to install an app. And I have used it several times and it works for me. Hope I was somewhat helpful!

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
If you have WP8 (Not sure about WP7) you can use Bing vision. It is built in as one of the lenses. So no need to install an app. And I have used it several times and it works for me. Hope I was somewhat helpful!

Thanks. That does work really good. Now if I could just pin it to my start screen.

Mandymoo11

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I've been using the one called SCAN for a few months now and have never had any issues with it. It works great and you can change the settings to turn off/on the sounds and vibration.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. That does work really good. Now if I could just pin it to my start screen.

Rather than use it as a lens, just hit the search button at the bottom... when the Bing search pops up, hit the eye ball icon on the bottom right. That will scan them too.

It can also scan book, CD and DVD covers.

jwinch2

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Rather than use it as a lens, just hit the search button at the bottom... when the Bing search pops up, hit the eye ball icon on the bottom right. That will scan them too.

Brilliant. Thanks for that!

agm353

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
Don't use any other 3rd party scanner, its just not worth it. Use Bing Vision, press the Bing button and hit the eye and you can scan a plethora of items. Think of it as Google Goggles, but for WP.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand using 3rd party apps for QR/Bar code scanning. The built in scanner (search button... Eye ball icon) has never failed me.

cybodroid

May 27, 2013
Visit site
I've been using the Nokia QR scanner, but I think I'll give Bing Vision a try since it's a native app. One of its advantages is you can launch directly from tile.

Alan Hardware

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site

I am nearly 70 and new to this stuff , thank you folks for posting a simple answer that us oldies understand without a manual . Works for me .

Michael Bromley

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm another ignorant trying to figure this out... when I see a QR code on my phone screen, how do I read it?
As far as I can tell, I can only read QR codes that are not on my phone, aka, scan them using my phone. What about a QR code that pops up on a website or an image file that's on my phone screen? Thanks for help!

ktl88

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Man, I when I click on the "eye" symbol, I only get the option to scan QR Codes and Microsoft Tags.
No option to scan books, barcodes and CD Covers. I have a Lumia 920. I never knew that these options of scanning barcodes, books and CD covers existed.
I checked my brother's Lumia 620 and he has the option. We both live in India. His phone is developer unlocked. Could this be the reason that he has it and that I don't?
How to get these options on my Lumia 920?

leonalewis

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12