A Question about WP8 And WP7 users in general

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I did it because I hate Apple (so not iOS), Android was a pain in the butt the first time, and because I like the Windows Phone UI more.

That, and I am a long-time Xbox LIVE Gold member (almost 10 years). Having my profile and Achievements and all of that on my phone is a big plus to me. I enjoy that single feature more than anything I ever enjoyed on Android.

Sanjay Chandra

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Well , I forgot to give my reason for entering WP8 platform.

My past experiences with MS have been WORST one after the other.First , wireless mouse from MS broke in 6 months back in 2005 and no fix for it.Then I bought an XPS PC from Dell pre installed with Vista.You know about Vista , right ? The same year I bought xbox 360 via 3rd part reseller cuz MS wouldn't sell Elite here , So it has no warranty and it died with RROD after 7 months.

There are the reasons why I chose WP8 :
1.Trust in Nokia (This is the primary reason and I don't have even 1% trust on MS) And Nokia's services (Music , Maps etc.)
2.Currently upgraded to W8 on my PC to escape from Vista (beared it for nearly 3.5 years) and thought WP8 would result in better integration.
3.WP concept of Live Tiles and Easy-to-use approach rather than "app-centric" approach of iOS and Android

So , I had interest in WP but I didn't step into it at first because it was "MS product" but after having good experience with W8 on PC , I decided to give a try to WP8 platform although Nokia is primary reason which made me move into Lumia series and into WP8 platform.
I was highly disappointed with WP at first but after learning things and using OS for few weeks , I liked WP overall (would give it 8/10)

I still use my iPad 3rd gen and iPod Touch 3rd gen.So yeah , I am aware of iOS as well.

I absolutely love apps and games on them but reason I didn't like iPhone is , limited hardware choice and small screen (Yes Lumia's 820 with 4.3 inch and AMOLED is perfect for me , Remember Galaxy S2 which had same 4.3 inch and AMOLED screen ? That's how i fell in love with this particular screen size and screen tech) , iTunes dependency is also very high.But I want smooth experience and non-bloated OS , So I ruled out Android finally.

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I'm not an Apple fan either. I had no previous experience with Nokia hardware but had never heard anything bad about them. The 822 is a touch larger than I planned on buying but once I played with it at the Verizon store I was sold. The OS is very fluid, the screen looks great (especially any sort of text), and the total lack of Bloatware make WP8 an attractive choice.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria