A reflection into app gap problem..

anon(10409867)

Feb 8, 2018
Visit site
Following is my conversation with OLA after their application stopped working on WP & W10M. This clearly shows the ground reality and explains the problem in it's own way.

"
Sent: 22 July 2018 07:30
To: -----
Subject: [Ola Support] - App Issue : App Usage Issue

##- Please type your reply above this line -##
Your request (Ticket ) has been resolved.
------ (Ola Cabs)
Jul 22, 7:30 AM IST
Hi -----,

Thank you for contacting Ola.

We are sorry to know that you are facing issue with your Ola app.

We regret to inform that Ola is not actively supporting Windows platform devices. Hence, we are unable to extend any support in this technical issue that you are facing. We suggest you to try accessing your Ola account in Andriod/iOS devices.

We appreciate your understanding in this regard. Please reply to this email if you have any questions. We will be happy to help.

Thank you,
----------
Ola Support

Get quick help with all your queries: help.olacabs.com

Sent: 22 July 2018 18:28
To: Ola Support
Subject: RE: [Ola Support] # - App Issue : App Usage Issue

I understand that it doesn’t make sense to support a platform (W10M & WP8.1) that has been abandoned by its founders and also because of the numbers.

1. However, in India, many people still use windows phone. My estimate suggests that more than 5 lakhs people still use a windows phone in India. If those users even use Ola once in a month, that amounts to a revenue of at least 5 Cr INR. Does it matter to you? You decide.

2. My second point is about IGNORANCE. The world is today moving away from platform specific apps. PWA (Progressive Web Apps) are powerful mobile versions of websites that act like apps and utilizes the features of the OS on which it runs and it can run on any OS. The advantage is that you do not have to make a separate version of application for every other OS. That saves operational cost and improves the bottom line. Your competitor – Uber besides Twitter has already made one. This is one option that you may explore.

Regards,
-----

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

"

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro