A suggestion?

George Ponder

Editor
Dec 28, 2001
Visit site
I know I'm the new kid on the block as far as moderators go but I also moderate over at PopPhoto.com. One thing that has been priceless in moderating is that whenever we delete or edit a post we post a short note in the moderator's area on it.

This way we all know what's going on. Not knowing, is the same done here? If not, would it be a good idea?

ronbo2000

Retired *****istrator
Mar 16, 2003
Visit site
If you just soft delete, wouldn't that serve the function? I don't know exactly what you have in mind.

The problem with permanent delete is that you don't get to see historical IP post as well as content of what was deleted. The only exception I do a permanent delete is when it's a duplicate post.

George Ponder

Editor
Dec 28, 2001
Visit site
I'm still learning my way around the moderator controls but when you soft delete, is there a way to leave an explanation that other moderators could see?

It seemed to help with problem children to have notification in the moderator lounge when we had to delete a post. Then again, we don't have soft deletion at PopPhoto. It's a nice feature.

ronbo2000

Retired *****istrator
Mar 16, 2003
Visit site
I'm still learning my way around the moderator controls but when you soft delete, is there a way to leave an explanation that other moderators could see?

It seemed to help with problem children to have notification in the moderator lounge when we had to delete a post. Then again, we don't have soft deletion at PopPhoto. It's a nice feature.
When you delete, there is an optional prompt for the reason. However from what I have seen it is only on the soft delete reason can only be seen by the moderators. Again, the entry for reason is optional. As much as possible I try to put the reason on deletes whether its soft or hard. I used to be able to see the reason on hard deletes via the admin cp but even that disappeared now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
melvas66