A very big welcome to a longtime Modern UI Enthusiast!

anon(9045786)

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Hello Everybody! Name's Reddie.

I, as my username says, think Modern UI is the future of Windows and Windows PCs in general and since Windows 9 is going to be announced in this upcoming few weeks, have finally decided to join the rest of you fans of Modern UI at WPCentral. Ever since 2011, I have been Fascinated by Modern UI and have been intrigued by its many uses in Windows OSes (WP, RT, 8 and Xbox).

Thanks to Windows 8, and Partially, Xbox One and Windows Phone 8.1, I have been able to become fully intrigued in a Design language for Microsoft OSes and Services like never before. I used Windows 7, but Aero's use of too much Glass would make me think too much about changing the Theme of the OS and the OS in general would slowly slow down. Recently, thanks to a feeling of a strong need to upgrade for better gaming along with a long awaited upgrade to Windows 8, I have finally got myself into using Windows 8.1 August Update, and Its really great and all, but, due to execution, Hopefully Windows (2015)/Windows 365 will Integrate Modern UI with the Desktop much better.

I'm fine with saying that Windows 8/8.1 were necessary evils because they were great experiments to get people thinking about what they thought of Modern UI and how they think it could be better. I happen to have an Xbox, but have decided to go Current Gen as a part of the PC Gaming Community. I feel the Xbox One will do better than Apple's Mythical "iPanel" TV set as a competitor to Android TV, but since currently it doesn't have all the features of Windows that would work on a TV, Yet, I'm observing it from a perspective involving Windows (2015)/Windows 365.

I am a fan of Sonic the Hedgehog and Roller Coaster Tycoon and cannot wait for the new true next-gen fourth installment of RCT, Roller Coaster Tycoon World that'll come out next year! It's gonna be exhilarating!

I welcome myself as well into the Modern UI Fan base and cannot express how exciting it is that I'm now able to express my Ideas on what Windows, Xbox, Bing etc.'s future should look like with you guys. :smile:

anon(9045786)

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Thank you guys! You'll be of great help in discussing some of my upcoming Windows 9 Concepts! I'll be posting a help thread to do with integrating multitasking into my Windows 9 Desktop Concept soon, so stay tuned.

about you, Jomarr, I'm betting based on recent News for the Upcoming Windows Technical Preview that'll becoming out this month that You will be seeing more of that enthusiasm about Modern UI as it sounds like Windows (2015) is going to change the landscape of PCs forever.

anon(9045786)

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the Welcome you guys! Also, don't worry! I have never forgotten about Zune UI, rdubmu! In fact I think it looks really good.

BTW, I'm currently hoping to get people to check out my new thread in the Windows 9 Sub forums to do with my new Windows 9 Desktop Concept, you can check it out if you like, all you have to do is just search for my name underneath the thread title as the thread creator! I hope to add Zune UI, Windows Phone Modern UI and Xbox One Modern UI elements into my concepts too!

P.S Looks like you got into Modern UI around the time Windows Phone was just starting. You remind me for myself.

anon(9045786)

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for both the compliment and welcome!

BTW, Would love it if people answered/discussed my question I posted on my Windows 9 concept post, It would be a great help if they did.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to you too! Why don't you make other concepts, especially on the Microsoft sites, such that they connect with each other in ways we, er, can comprehend? (Bing connects with, say, OneNote.com in such a way that...)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6