Abysmal battery life after rolling back from 10

dcbo89

Nov 26, 2014
Visit site
So I gave Win10 a spin, figured it was really too early to keep it on my SP3 so rolled back. Now I have abysmal battery life which is not good to put it mildly.

Currently my thinking is that the Win10 update is still trying to be applied through the Windows Update system. I have yet to find a way to delete it or get around this yet. I'm currently hoping me turning off auto update will help but its a holdover if that.

and please don't tell me I should have not done it through the WU system, my plan was always to try it then roll back really didn't foresee this.

anon(5969054)

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Upgrading and rolling back is always worse than clean installs. Especially when you use a preview version of upgrade and rollback.
I advice reinstalling w8.1.

dcbo89

Nov 26, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I tried taking a shortcut.... so sue me. I'll admit I'm trying to dodge the entire reinstall and start from scratch simply because I don't ahve time for it at the moment. I really don't have that much installed, just time.....

Worst comes to worst thats what I'll do when I can BUT I came here hoping for alternatives

kenjancef

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Did you make a backup of your recovery partition? That would make it easy to roll back. I did that with a Stream 7... Made the backup of the recovery, and glad I did because I'm going to roll that back to 8.1

dcbo89

Nov 26, 2014
Visit site
Did you make a backup of your recovery partition? That would make it easy to roll back. I did that with a Stream 7... Made the backup of the recovery, and glad I did because I'm going to roll that back to 8.1

This isn't my problem. I am not lacking the ability to roll back/reinstall windows, just have better things to do

On the upside preventing windows from trying to update seems to have fixed it well enough for now.

and sorry if I'm coming off as harsh, its not really intentional so don't take it the wrong way.

kenjancef

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
This isn't my problem. I am not lacking the ability to roll back/reinstall windows, just have better things to do

On the upside preventing windows from trying to update seems to have fixed it well enough for now.

and sorry if I'm coming off as harsh, its not really intentional so don't take it the wrong way.

No worries. Just throwing that out there. I probably shouldn't have said anything since I've only had a Surface for a few weeks. I was toying with the idea of trying Windows 10, but being that this most likely will be my daily driver, and from what you had posted, I think I'll just wait...

dcbo89

Nov 26, 2014
Visit site
No worries. Just throwing that out there. I probably shouldn't have said anything since I've only had a Surface for a few weeks. I was toying with the idea of trying Windows 10, but being that this most likely will be my daily driver, and from what you had posted, I think I'll just wait...

I'd wait for the next build. The reasons I rolled back were no touch browser, which I use heavily on my SP3 and the massive change in how the OS works, from a touch perspective, no charms, no swipe down for additional UI.

As for not posting, honestly go for it. I've only had my SP3 a few months and really the biggest differences between it and my last laptop are size, battery life and the touch screen. Its a windows device, if you've used one of those before your golden.

kenjancef

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
I'd wait for the next build. The reasons I rolled back were no touch browser, which I use heavily on my SP3 and the massive change in how the OS works, from a touch perspective, no charms, no swipe down for additional UI.

As for not posting, honestly go for it. I've only had my SP3 a few months and really the biggest differences between it and my last laptop are size, battery life and the touch screen. Its a windows device, if you've used one of those before your golden.

I'm really loving my SP3, but I've been so busy lately that I just haven't had time to really dig into it. I'm a sports photographer, and I'll be taking it on-site this Saturday, so I can't wait to see how it performs. In testing this thing FLIES!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon