Actionless Notifications:

Praxius

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Am I missing something with the Notification Menu?

On my Windows Phone, when I get a notification in my Actions Drop Down Menu, I can read them and click them which generally takes me to the app or action that the notification is related to.

Yet on all three of the Windows 10 Systems I have running, the listed notifications do crap all.

I see I have a notification, it's vague in what it is trying to tell me most times, and when I click on it for more information or to take action, I either have that notification vanish, or do absolutely nothing but sit there until I click on the main header for that action category, which then makes it vanish.

I would have expected it to work somewhat similar to what is on my phone, and yes, it's an early build still..... but I'm just curious if this notification centre is just as useless (at the moment) for others as it is for me.

TL;DR

No Notification in my Notifications allows me to take any action other than to clear the notification.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I get the same thing and reasoned that it's unfinished code.

BTW, your post is too short to be considered too long.

Praxius

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
So we all have the same conclusion, yet I remember vaguely this notification centre being tooted as a big cool feature for this build.

I just find it curious that the notification centre is released as visible in its current state while things like the new clock and calender are not.

Because of this, I wasn't sure if it was just a bug on my end or something everybody is experiencing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes