Adding RSS feed manually to built in Podcast Client

anon(6078578)

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
The built in Client, generally works well for me, but it seems to have issues with manually entered RSS feeds where it will sort of find the podcast but display it with "We can't open this result". The same URL will work perfectly fine on my Android podcast app though. Is there anyway to fix this, or is this just another Windows phone 'oddity' that we have to put up with?

Is the podcast app on Windows 10 mobile any better in this regard. If not, are any of the third party clients better? I say this as the reviews I have read in the app store don't inspire me with confidence!

mzdr0

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Try Cast. It's new (or newly updated) and works well on W10M. I actually registered here to recommend it, because I've tried pretty much every other podcast app in the store and this one stands out a mile. Pasting URLs into the search box works fine.

anon(6078578)

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Try Cast. It's new (or newly updated) and works well on W10M. I actually registered here to recommend it, because I've tried pretty much every other podcast app in the store and this one stands out a mile. Pasting URLs into the search box works fine.
I guess it's only Windows 10 Mobile only right? I am on 8.1 at the moment and don't see it in the store. I am holding off updating to W10M until it's official release.

mzdr0

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Actually it's fine for pasting RSS links/URLs. My complaint was there was no indication of new episodes being available/downloaded.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon