Adobe confirms when Premiere Pro, Illustrator, InDesign, and After Effects will run on Windows 11 on Arm natively

dougpaw57

Dec 23, 2016
Visit site
So when are we getting an ARM64 version of Adobe Reader. I can't believe that there still isn't an ARM version after over five years of Windows on ARM devices in the market. Adobe really is the slowest company out there for innovation.

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
So when are we getting an ARM64 version of Adobe Reader. I can't believe that there still isn't an ARM version after over five years of Windows on ARM devices in the market. Adobe really is the slowest company out there for innovation.
Adobe would cite that Reader in emulation on Snapdragon X runs very well and it wouldn't be wrong. That's not an excuse for not doing native ARM64 from me, but rather, I think we need to get out of the mindset that smaller apps "need" to be updated when you have this much performance and PRISM.

Reactions: bradavon and nop

dougpaw57

Dec 23, 2016
Visit site
Adobe would cite that Reader in emulation on Snapdragon X runs very well and it wouldn't be wrong. That's not an excuse for not doing native ARM64 from me, but rather, I think we need to get out of the mindset that smaller apps "need" to be updated when you have this much performance and PRISM.
Some of us are still running a Surface Pro X because of the small form-factor. I think Microsoft blew it by not releasing the new Surface Pro 11 in the Surface Pro X size.

Arun Topez

Aug 19, 2023
Visit site
That update is disappointing. While it's great that it's at least compatible via PRISM, native would have been far superior. I really had the impression that with these new Snapdragon devices, that compatibility would not be an issue anymore with the improved emulation based on all the blog articles and the way Microsoft promoted it. But based on actual customer experiences on Reddit and X, it seems like there's a growing list of incompatible apps.

bradavon

Nov 27, 2016
Visit site
It's crazy after all these years Adobe only has plans to release Photoshop, Lightroom, Premier Pro and After Effects has Native ARM apps.

I guess it depends how well Illustrator and InDesign work.

Still crazy though.

bradavon

Nov 27, 2016
Visit site
Also Acrobat Reader likely already works well on Surface Pro X.

Smaller apps like WhatsApp etc .. already work great.

bradavon

Nov 27, 2016
Visit site
I really had the impression that with these new Snapdragon devices, that compatibility would not be an issue anymore with the improved emulation based on all the blog articles and the way Microsoft promoted it. But based on actual customer experiences on Reddit and X, it seems like there's a growing list of incompatible apps.
This was never stated.

It's performance they officially stated as improved.

This is no different on MacOS incidentally, certainly in the early days. It tended to get ignored in Apple journalist circles because the use case of MacOS is generally much narrower.

Qualcomm never said for example Google Drive or Google QuickShare would suddenly work sadly.

It's performance not compatibility that's been the focus. Compatibility is largely good but there are gaps that it's still on the developer to fix.

And given Windows support for old software may never be.

But it really does depend what you're doing. Like I said MacBooks have been shielding from this because people just don't use the same kind of niche software that Windows offers.

I can for example wirelessly print to my Epson printer (built-in in Windows 11 drives), scan to it (using the OEM app this time) and even transfer music to my Sony MiniDisc from 2002.

All with no issues using my Signature Pro X.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markarmjamtions