Aio Wireless says their Lumia 620 has 4G, can anyone confirm?

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Aio Wireless, a subsidiary of AT&T, sells the Lumia 620. On their site it says the L620 is 4G/3G capable. As far as I knew, the L620 was 3G capable, not 4G. Can anyone using their Aio-purchased L620 confirm 4G connections?

Here's a link to Aio's L620 page: Lumia 620 - Cyan

CRC64Error

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
I can confirm 4g but it is limited to 8Mbps. This is in my region of northeast Missouri. By the way, the 620 is a little small and slick for my large hands, but the screen is great and the OS is snappy.

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
I can confirm 4g but it is limited to 8Mbps. This is in my region of northeast Missouri. By the way, the 620 is a little small and slick for my large hands, but the screen is great and the OS is snappy.

Not bad. Is it showing up as a 4G connection in the top left of your phone, or is it showing HSPA+? Oh yeah, the L620 is on the small side, which I prefer. And it is snappy for sure!

oryan_dunn

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I have the AIO 'version' of the Lumia 620. It is only HSPA+, but it still shows a '4G' indicator next to the signal strength. I have a feeling the only difference between the AIO version and the global version is the aio silkscreen logo on the back of the phone and the aio boot screen image.

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
I have the AIO 'version' of the Lumia 620. It is only HSPA+, but it still shows a '4G' indicator next to the signal strength. I have a feeling the only difference between the AIO version and the global version is the aio silkscreen logo on the back of the phone and the aio boot screen image.

Thanks, that's pretty much what I figured. One question for you, are you running GDR2 with Nokia Amber firmware on the Aio L620?

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
LOL. They call EDGE 4G too? Maybe GPRS as well? Funny no-one's complaining about this kind of BS labelling in the US...

What do you mean?

Instead of having: 3G, HSPA+, and 4G LTE
The instead have: 3G, 4G, and LTE

I mean, you have to have a special name for one or the other...the second route gets the exact same ideas across but with simpler denotation.

You are making me think....what does the phone say when it is 2G/ Edge...I think it is just blank at that point, haha

vw1610

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
i have great speeds here in Houston with the 620 on AIO. just wishing they would give us the amber update!!

I have the 620 on aio and was able to get the amber update. use the new nokia care tool.

Sent from my iPhone using WPCentral Forums

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Epoch4