Alcatel Idol 4S (Windows)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Werentuckl

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
Hello world,

Item Description: Alcatel Idol 4S (Windows)
Price Range: Current Going Market Value (Anywhere b/w 50 to 90 USD, lower the better)
Condition: Preferably Mint
Payment Method: Convenient to Seller

Additional Info:

It has really been a long time - and yes, I am one of the long burnt fans investing in the platform since forever. I have all but given up on the WP/WM and whatever MS has done of it, which was part of why I disappeared off the forum. I just decided to leg it out with my good old ATIV SE with all its quirks, tantrums, and all, and the backup Lumia 640 for data only uses. However, fairy tales arent meant to last, and my ATIV SE was stolen off me this last thursday, while walking out of the bank to my car. I've kind of been heart broken ever since since I wasnt planning to part with it until its last legs gave out. I planned to buy it a new MicroSD and a new battery this coming monday. And I was very attached to it, even with its failing battery, and slowly disintegrating WM10, it was 2 and a half years of my life, bits and pieces of people that had come along the way, some gone, some still here. It was... important.

And this post is as much catharsis and closure as it is me asking someone from the community to part with theirs, if they have an unloved stepchild of a phone. This is how I came across my ATIV SE as well. I got it from Camaroz1985, when he realised he couldnt hang in there anymore, complete with the Incipio case which was on it till last thursday when it got stolen. That blue and pink cover, which I proudly kept on, saved the phone countless times, from the NY metro, asphalt, being thrown across turf, falling down the stairs, and countless other misshaps, and the phone and the cover just kept chugging on, like nary a thing happened.

I keep reaching for my pocket to pull up the phone to look for weather, or pull up the news, or check one of the many blogs or websites, or whatsapp or messages. Only to find its not there, and its all but gone. Its almost like a phantom limb. Yes, its that bad.

Now I'm looking for a phone to replace it, as my primary device. Yes, I'm still one of the hard headed stupid people trying to drown with a ship that has already sunk. Im deciding on the Alcatel Idol 4S, since that was the cheapest, highest specced WM10 phone that last saw official sale. The budget is thin, for whatever reasons - the fact that I've switched jobs, moved to a new city, maybe I'm just cheap, I dont know - and that was also one of the reasons for picking this as a purchase choice, since I'm not getting an Elite X3 for this money, or a 950XL, I dont even know what viable choices there are right now. I just recall that the firesale on the Idol 4S marked it down to $99, so looking for one on here should be a little cheaper, and palatable. Swappa is dry, even though I've found a few on eBay and Amazon, but I would rather someone from the community that I trust than go blindly off an eBay listing. So if anyone has any that they want to give a good home, kindly hit me up. I've seen @HoosierDaddy post about having multiple as-new devices, I remember at a time a bunch of my old friends from here, @scienceguylabs, @RumoredNow, et al all trying to part with theirs not so long ago. So if anyone wants to have a heart, please let me know you all.

Dated: 07-07-2018 01:55 PM

Contact Info: PM, Thread, BatSignal.

PS. Reposting the thread under the correct format.

Sincerely, an old timer.
-- Werentuckl

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Begrudgingly I’d be willing to part with my factory unlocked Idol 4S. I was using it until last Thursday but serious medical issues have forced me to revert to my iPhone 8 Plus. I need a Qardio blood pressure monitor always with me and Windows doesn’t even have a PC app for it.

Let me know if you’re interested.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Begrudgingly I’d be willing to part with my factory unlocked Idol 4S. I was using it until last Thursday but serious medical issues have forced me to revert to my iPhone 8 Plus. I need a Qardio blood pressure monitor always with me and Windows doesn’t even have a PC app for it.

Let me know if you’re interested.

Hope all is improving health wise.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Hope all is improving health wise.

I’ll let you know when I’m done getting stented up. I got 4 when my first heart attack and 2 more with this one. Problem is there’s still more blockage to deal with but my cardio says I need a break between procedures because of all the dyes and radiation involved. I should be good in a couple of weeks 🤞

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I’ll let you know when I’m done getting stented up. I got 4 when my first heart attack and 2 more with this one. Problem is there’s still more blockage to deal with but my cardio says I need a break between procedures because of all the dyes and radiation involved. I should be good in a couple of weeks 🤞

Well keep that BP under control.
Do you just use the BP monitor (Qardio) or do you use the ECG also? Wondering how advanced the data it collects is.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Well keep that BP under control.
Do you just use the BP monitor (Qardio) or do you use the ECG also? Wondering how advanced the data it collects is.
Just the BP. I chose this model because of the positive reviews from trade groups and the FDA approval. I checked it with my old-fashioned manual rig and it's right on the money. I believe the Qardio Core is the one that also gets EKG data.

Werentuckl

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
Wow. Guys. I just checked in after a busy week with work. And, hugs all around my friend. I really hope you're recovering soon. Or as fast as is possible. Also, keep us all updated on your health as well Fatclue? Hypertension and the ensuing heart issues are a terrible to deal with on a daily basis as my mother suffers from it, and it requires constant management, and lifestyle changes, just like diabetes does. My best wishes out to you and your family through this difficult time.

Best,
-- W

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Man sorry to hear that. Glad the ATIV treated you well all this time. Hope you find a replacement quickly. I almost grabbed one of those myself just to stay in WM, but have descried to soldier on with my 640 for that purpose.

Werentuckl

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
It is what it is @camaroz1985. The ATIV saw a lot of love, and was with me through a lot of rough and tumble times. And through it all, it always came out better the other end of the ordeal, a testament to its quality, build, and its ability to just keep chugging on even as everything around it failed. It will be missed forever.

To everyone else who responded, especially @nate0, @fatclue_98, and @Adventurer64, and @worldspy99 who I solicited myself, thank you all for your replies. My window to purchase has passed, and I have ended up, courtesy of your generosity and kindness, with not one but three devices, giving home to two somehow still mint Lumias courtesy Nate0, and and enduring home to FatClue's Idol4S. I would very much have even taken off Adventurer64 and WorldSpy's had budgets or time windows permitted, and yes I am mildly wistful about that. Thank you all, and it restores my faith somewhat in our community, which it seemed had turned into a bitter spiral of times passed. I was wrong.

This thread can be archived, @Indistinguishable. Though I am sure I will be back for more. Someday still. Hopefully. And we will all still be here in some way or another. And a special thanks also to @scienceguylabs for reaching out to me even after I messaged him a year on later. Thank you again my friend, and all the rest of you great folks.

Best Wishes,
-- Hammad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss