All of this was for Nothing....

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Seriously. MS decoupled the WP app and left us with a crappy app for the whole year before revealing that they would wait to W10 to fix it. What was the point?!!! Why not just shrink the Music + Videos text and be done with it. Maybe improve playlist creation and ...I dunno. What was the old hub missing again?
This is just ridiculously stupid and disappointing.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Nice rant. The Hubs were a great concept the problem with them is that MS has no control over update cycles so this is the bes they could do to bring updates quicker to solve issues. Simply go with the concept that Hubs are dead and move on. It was a nice idea when they had it but without total control of updates it's simply not a viable way of doing things.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I was expecting the dummy spit of you dropping WP and going somewhere else... oh well, can't have everything in rants these days.

Michael Alan Goff

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
Seriously. MS decoupled the WP app and left us with a crappy app for the whole year before revealing that they would wait to W10 to fix it. What was the point?!!! Why not just shrink the Music + Videos text and be done with it. Maybe improve playlist creation and ...I dunno. What was the old hub missing again?
This is just ridiculously stupid and disappointing.

List the major things it's missing right now.

Mellifluous

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
The Xbox music app is fine now. Most issues people will have with it are issues a lot of media players will have in interpreting their tags etc.

The only feature missing now is gapless playback really. It could be faster and a bit prettier, but otherwise it does the job nicely as a mobile music player.

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Nice rant. The Hubs were a great concept the problem with them is that MS has no control over update cycles so this is the bes they could do to bring updates quicker to solve issues. Simply go with the concept that Hubs are dead and move on. It was a nice idea when they had it but without total control of updates it's simply not a viable way of doing things.
You commenting on the wrong post?

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
List the major things it's missing right now.
I have listed it before, and it remains the same.
Album art and Artist art remains a lottery.
Even if you have local art embedded, it will ignore it to search for XBM music. ofc, if it fails, you get zip.
In a non XBM region. You get a neutered app that's neutered for no reason.
Its slow and laggy still.
Recent plays is uunreliable and flat out useless.
It lacks a recently added feature.
Background music download remains stripped.
Worst of all...it is a completely iunnecessary change. There was no need for it. We gained nothing in return for the public beta test.

Edit: Forgot smartDJ...so did Microsoft

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
The Xbox music app is fine now. Most issues people will have with it are issues a lot of media players will have in interpreting their tags etc.

The only feature missing now is gapless playback really. It could be faster and a bit prettier, but otherwise it does the job nicely as a mobile music player.

Sure, when I want to play nmusic, I tap the tile then go make some tea to give the app time to load. Fun :p

paulsalter

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Was a good update for me, fixed the only major issue with the last version, syncing was not working between phone and other devices

I agree on the recently added playlist, this would be nice to have, but apart from that I don't have any issues now with xbox music

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Was a good update for me, fixed the only major issue with the last version, syncing was not working between phone and other devices

I agree on the recently added playlist, this would be nice to have, but apart from that I don't have any issues now with xbox music
Read the comments under the XBM article.

paulsalter

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I have read them, its the same comments by the same people that get posted everytime

If people are so unhappy with it then move to something that works

For me, and I am sure plenty of others, xbox music is fine

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I have read them, its the same comments by the same people that get posted everytime

If people are so unhappy with it then move to something that works

For me, and I am sure plenty of others, xbox music is fine
Do you take a list of names? Also, Music on WP is completely borked for 8.1. First party, third party. All borked.
Luckily WP is more than a music player

jomarr

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
App doesn't refresh. Does it ever? My playlists on Xbox Music are like 3 months old with zero updates at all. My Music Hub Tile is up to date.

I like everything about Windows Phone. Apps etc. I'm fine with what I get but Xbox Music is a big disaster. Hopefully the preview for Windows 10 for Phones will be sooner so I could decide whether or not to stay in the platform.

In before 'I can't believe a music player will be the reason of you getting out of the platform'. Well I love music and I need my playlists up to date and working. While Hub Tile is nice and does the job great there is so much more to that than what I experience. Another thing is the disappointing Windows Phone for Desktop syncing app. Syncing process is hours and hours before it successfully completes. Also sometimes Hub Tile would revert back to my older playlists even after syncing the new ones through Windows Phone for Desktop app but this happens once in a blue moon.

Microsoft really needs to fix the music experience on Windows Phone. It's really underwhelming. You will never see me complain about anything except for Xbox Music. I was actually fine with the Xbox Music on WP8 and didn't miss the iOS player one bit but right now I'm really looking at that new iPhone again just for the music experience.

If you have work arounds with my issues please post it here. I would truly appreciate the help.

And I agree with your post, the constant updates did nothing except for the tag fixes which I am truly glad for as I scrobble my music through last fm. I did like the live tile comeback but they need to focus on the stability of the app more than the interface. The interface can be reworked later just make the app more stable. Right now based on MY OWN experience, the app is still unusable and this is coming from someone who constantly updates playlists, adding new music to his phone and using it 6-8 hours a day.

And PS the 1520's phantom touch ain't helping too!

loofmodnar

Dec 14, 2010
www.loofmodnar.com
I don't have many complaints anymore. Syncing and Refreshing playlists is the biggest annoyance and I've found if I leave the app open long enough it gets around to refreshing them. I'm hoping the last update fixes some of that based on the change log but we'll see.

Jose_Rey

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
My biggest issue with Xbox Music is Duplicates. I got rid of my Zune HD expecting to have a seamless experience across all my Microsoft devices. But now, I don't know after how many updates later I still can't sync my music without having the same songs repeated on my phone. Since they're dedicating their resources to Windows 10, I doubt they'll ever fix it. I mean, how hard could it possibly be to integrate syncing into Xbox Music when Zune and iTunes does it so well? I bought an iPod Touch because of this. But I'm tired of using 3 programs(Xbox Music(cloud matching), Zune(song credits), iTunes(obvious)) and 2 devices to manage my music.

Anyways, I haven't given up waiting... but I'm gonna wait til they get my issues with their app fixed before buying another Windows Phone. Who knows, maybe they'll fix it with that OneDrive locker. For now, I'll try another platform. Microsoft doesn't care enough for WP anyways as even their own apps are released first on other platforms, though I could care less if they fixed my music experience at WP.

nallWhite

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
I have listed it before, and it remains the same.
Album art and Artist art remains a lottery.
Even if you have local art embedded, it will ignore it to search for XBM music. ofc, if it fails, you get zip.
In a non XBM region. You get a neutered app that's neutered for no reason.
Its slow and laggy still.
Recent plays is uunreliable and flat out useless.
It lacks a recently added feature.
Background music download remains stripped.
Worst of all...it is a completely iunnecessary change. There was no need for it. We gained nothing in return for the public beta test.

Edit: Forgot smartDJ...so did Microsoft

I think the point of XBM/V is to create an iTunes like experience aka buy music through here. I've used WMP and the WP desktop 'crap' to sync music. Art is hit and miss. Don't like crapple. But, they do focus on the user experience. Also, Belifore-whatever said something along the lines of users are side loading music now, I'm guessing Android phones. So, they aren't focused on making a better sync app. Zune had no prob syncing the vary same music. And the video tagging was top notch. Dunno why it can't be rebranded or something. Really wish I cam get in on a focus group sometimes.

jomarr

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I think the point of XBM/V is to create an iTunes like experience aka buy music through here. I've used WMP and the WP desktop 'crap' to sync music. Art is hit and miss. Don't like crapple. But, they do focus on the user experience. Also, Belifore-whatever said something along the lines of users are side loading music now, I'm guessing Android phones. So, they aren't focused on making a better sync app. Zune had no prob syncing the vary same music. And the video tagging was top notch. Dunno why it can't be rebranded or something. Really wish I cam get in on a focus group sometimes.

Exactly.

I wish Microsoft would try and make a better music app.

I'm devastated. My contract is up and I'm considering the Note 4 but I will keep the 1520. It wouldn't be my primary device anymore though.

While I'm not okay with the lack of support of apps, I can live with the basics but mess with the music player, they'll lose a customer.

I'm keeping the 1520 just to test Windows 10. If Xbox Music doesn't improve by then I'm afraid I might sell the 1520.

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Zune on my desktop and 3 Zune players; XBM on my 1020, RT, and SP2; and various "apps" on my Xbox 360E for my (huge XBM Pass subscription and owned) music Collection, and streamed music videos: Love them all!! :winktongue:

I'm fortunate.
It's about the Music.
Thank you, Microsoft.

Jose_Rey

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Zune on my desktop and 3 Zune players; XBM on my 1020, RT, and SP2; and various "apps" on my Xbox 360E for my (huge XBM Pass subscription and owned) music Collection, and streamed music videos: Love them all!! :winktongue:

I'm fortunate.
It's about the Music.
Thank you, Microsoft.

Seems like you have a very fragmented setup there. I like what XBM is trying to do. I like adding a song to my collection on my phone, having it appear on all my other devices. This is GREAT! But it doesn't work with Zune. If it did, I'd be a happy camper. The service is also Fantastic and no matter what platform I'm in, I'll keep it. I'm grandfathered with +10, so MS ain't taking that from me. When they do, I'll probably be all in with another platform. For now I'm holding out hope.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo