Alliances in Age of Empires Castle Siege!!!

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I was on my Surface checking out the bases of people who had attacked me, and I kept getting xbox live achievement notifications. I couldn't figure out what was going on, until I realized I was getting the notifications of each base I was checking out. Very odd. Then I went into my achievements tab and saw all sorts of goals that I have not attained. I'm curious if I've somehow gotten credit for achievements I haven't reached simply by looking at another base that hadn't gotten it's notifications yet. I know that sounds crazy, but what other explanation is there? Has anyone else seen this?

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
OK, here are a few screenshots to help explain. I'm really involved in CoC and just don't have time for this game. I do let my kids build my base up, but they don't seem interested in attacking. So, as you can see, I haven't attacked in multiplayer, but I have plenty of multiplayer achievements. I honestly think I got them by checking out bases that attacked me and getting their notifications before they logged in to get them.

Untitled.pngUntitled1.png

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Sorry for all the posts! Last one. Ok look, here is a picture of my base with all level 4 archer towers, and a picture of my achievments, with "upgraded an archer tower to level 5" listed as complete.

agad.jpgasdf.png

Milk21

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Exact same thing has happened to me as well jmerry - a couple of times actually. The first time I sort of didn't realise what was happening as only one achievement flashed up. The next it was pretty obvious as about four achievements came through..

Bit disappointed it happened, much prefer to have earned them myself.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Yeah it seems like a pretty bad bug. It's also odd that you can view another players attacks and defenses when viewing his base.

Milk21

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I thought it was enough of a advantage being able see people bases before a revenge attack. Then I realised I could watch replays of other attacks on peoples bases....

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Very good news. Just received an update for the game and in the change log is the following entry:

"Players will no longer gain achievements from visiting another player's castle."

Glad that's fixed, and hopeful for a consistent update pattern.

Azat Shakaryanc

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
ПРИВЕТСТВУЮ ВСЕХ ГОСПОДА !!! ПРИГЛАШАЮ ВСЕХ КТО ХОЧЕТ КО МНЕ В АЛЬЯНС "PARANOYA" ВСЕ БУДЕМ НА РАВНЫХ!!! Greetings to all of the LORD !!! We invite all WHO WANTS TO ME IN ALLIANCE "PARANOYA" EVERYTHING WILL EQUAL TO !!!

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
What's the use of crowns and joining alliances?

Crowns are the whole point of the game. Crowns are what you get by progressing your civilization and creating a force that can go out and beat people up... They are your bragging point.

The alliances NOW have more of a point since there is the Watch Signal that allows them to send you troupes. But really, it is just so you can have a crew of people to chat with about the game. If you aren't in an active alliance, just leave and find one that is...

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
how i attack my friend

You can not specify who you attack. It is all random happenstance. You can also only attack people that are +/- one age from you.

We are looking to expand my alliance too. I am the emperor now, have ~15 daily actives, and building the Wonder of London.

If anyone is in an alliance of 10-20...we could also merge, you can join up with us, especially if you haven't started a Wonder yet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon